How to trust our media and it's many lies.

How do you trust our media when they have to lie about the severity of a major storm? Have ya’ll seen the photos of the reporter “almost” being blown down while in the background two people are walking easily? Or how about anderson Cooper from CNN standing in a ditch to over exaggerate the depth of the water?

Our media has become nothing but fake news with a couple of crumbs thrown in.

I, like many of you, rely on news reports to make educated decisions on what safety measure I need to take for my family. Hard to do this when our media puts out this fake crap. It is an utter shame we have a media system that allows this type of sensationalism in all aspects of its reporting. That is all aspects they deem important to them, even it it is fake.

There are many more out there, but here are a couple…

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/15/another-fakenews-video-cnn-anderson-cooper-hypes-hurricaneflorence-flooding-meanwhile-firefighters-spoof-tv-news/

https://indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-globally/hurricane-florence-weather-reporter-video-5358757/

Fred, you rely on storm chasing reporters to make your evacuation plans? WOW
Those cats show up after it’s too late to evacuate. Anyone with internet and good common sense can pretty much spit out the same forecast as the networks or cable channels. Ever heard of GFS,Euro,NAM models? Try Passage Weather, they give a plethora of animated maps and storm tracks.

https://www.passageweather.com/

I, like many of you, rely on news reports to make educated decisions on what safety measure I need to take for my family. Hard to do this when our media puts out this fake crap. It is an utter shame we have a media system that allows this type of sensationalism in all aspects of its reporting. That is all aspects they deem important to them, even it it is fake.

TWC is like any other network that has evolved in the last 3 decades. MTV used to be just music. Then it turned into garbage reality entertainment, and shock value for teens.

TWC used to be forecasts and weather info, now it is about ratings, TV shows, and other entertainment. It’s not a gov’t agency, they want to make a profit, and have evolved accordingly. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

This is my goto site

http://spaghettimodels.com/

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Those cats show up after it’s too late to evacuate. Anyone with internet and good common sense can pretty much spit out the same forecast as the networks or cable channels. Ever heard of GFS,Euro,NAM models? Try Passage Weather, they give a plethora of animated maps and storm tracks.

Of all things I would not have though you to be one to defend such idiotic practices being broadcast on our mainstream media outlets. These aren’t storm chasers , these are news reporters.

Edit. Thank you for that link. Never been to it or the one Geronimo posted.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

This is my goto site

Thank you for that link.

quote:

I really appreciate this post Robbie! Who ever thought that there would be “spinning of the weather”(LOL). Its not just the weather channel, but our local stations are just as guilty. When the governors office contacts a local media outlet and asks that they exaggerate the situation to encourage evacuations , the answer should be a resounding NO!! . They should be honest and only report the truth! You are very correct Robbie, It is a shame .

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

TWC is like any other network that has evolved in the last 3 decades. MTV used to be just music. Then it turned into garbage reality entertainment, and shock value for teens.

TWC used to be forecasts and weather info, now it is about ratings, TV shows, and other entertainment. It’s not a gov’t agency, they want to make a profit, and have evolved accordingly. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

This goes way past mtv and twc This is on our main stream media outlets. I’ve never cared for twc But I would like to trust our local and national news outlets.

I know this doesn’t take a rocket scientist, but you’d think some plain Janes would take offense and push back. I am. Will it do any good? Probably not. :question:

And Oh yes - Anderson Cooper was not standing in that ditch - He was on his knees. How appropriate! There was a local crew behind them watching and recording them set up the scene.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Of all things I would not have though you to be one to defend such idiotic practices being broadcast on our mainstream media outlets. These aren’t storm chasers , these are news reporters.

Please quote me where I defended a storm chaser/reporter.

Like I said, its too late to evacuate after those idiots arrive, a responsible adult would have plans in place days before. Don’t be so asinine.

Go to the source. NOAA Hurricane Center.

There are also two people I follow on FB that are ‘no BS’… Trevor Gibbs and Shea Gibson both local guys

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

quote:
quote:
quote:

Like I said, its too late to evacuate after those idiots arrive, a responsible adult would have plans in place days before. Don’t be so asinine.

That was an assumption on my part and I sincerely apologize for misunderstanding you. And I understand perfectly well and have no sympathy

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

</block

I don’t watch the news. Governor said evacuate, and we evacuated. I like to keep it really simple. Keeps me from having to learn a new trade of meteorology. I swear, I don’t know how you guys find the time to be hurricane experts.

Fred, try this site, scroll to the bottom and they have model runs for everything and anything hurricane…http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/

I didn’t watch any news coverage of it…got my garage cleaned up, broken things fixed, new gas grill assembled…I prefer charcoal, but this new gas one was 60% off…

Wife grew up in Wilmington so she was watching to see the damage…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I don’t watch the news. Governor said evacuate, and we evacuated. I like to keep it really simple. Keeps me from having to learn a new trade of meteorology. I swear, I don’t know how you guys find the time to be hurricane experts.

Leaders cannot lead if they do not have followers!

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

This is my goto site

Yup. Drunk Donkey does a pretty good job.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

What’s even more funny to me is people watching the news claiming that they are not being led! The TV is an IV drip to consumer-America.

We have TVs in our house, but typically just watch things on Amazon Prime. No commercials, no unwanted propaganda… You just have to sniff out the propaganda in the movies at that point, but at least we aren’t watching Anderson Cooper on his knees, in a ditch…

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

I really appreciate this post Robbie! Who ever thought that there would be “spinning of the weather”(LOL). Its not just the weather channel, but our local stations are just as guilty. When the governors office contacts a local media outlet and asks that they exaggerate the situation to encourage evacuations , the answer should be a resounding NO!! . They should be honest and only report the truth! You are very correct Robbie, It is a shame .

I’m curious how you know this. If you can show evidence, please do. I’m not a McMaster fan, but I believe in being fair.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

What’s even more funny to me is people watching the news claiming that they are not being led! The TV is an IV drip to consumer-America.

We have TVs in our house, but typically just watch things on Amazon Prime. No commercials, no unwanted propaganda… You just have to sniff out the propaganda in the movies at that point, but at least we aren’t watching Anderson Cooper on his knees, in a ditch…

Most don’t get they are supporting by just viewing… SJ, you beez a smart man…:smiley:

RBF