Hurricane Ian

I just heard that 80% of Ft. Mayers, and Sanibel Island is gone?!

Itt looks bad on tv

Just got word that the Pawleys Island Pier is gone.

Sounds like Cherry Grove Pier too.

Weā€™re pretty much in the clear here. Ravenel/ West Ashley line. Wind and rain pretty much stopped for now.

Still some gusts.

Still gray, but looking better and better.

Yep word on the street Cherry Grove f Pier got trashed.
I canā€™t access any of the webcams dang it

Me too. Been checking Windjammer cam for IOP Pier.

There was a reporter on channel two reporting next door to the Windjammer earlier. There was a bunch of what one would only describe as hooligans over there hootinā€™ and hollerinā€™. It made for great tv.

Hope the IOP Pier made it!!

Iā€™ve fished all of the piers in S.C. Sad to hear any of them trashed.

Nice seeing that 23SF, and OTC, faired well!

They just mentioned Cherry Grove and Apache and major damage.

We have not had all that much rain.
Getting some pretty strong gusts right now Iā€™m guessing around 60 mph gusts maybe a little stronger.
The wind had been coming more or less out of the South now itā€™s coming out of the North.

Not much rain up here either, and I think the wind was stronger yesterday, during the clash of the two fronts coming together. Looks like fall, only the leaves are green.

1 Like

Wife said someone on neighborhood Facebook page said their neighbors roof just got peeledā€¦
Canvas on my t-top just got trashed. It was getting pretty thin anyway. Wife made that one about 5 years ago time for her to make another 1.

We got lucky, up off N Clements Ferry in CHS. Had a squall peel through here in late July/early August that did more damage (clocked close to 70 mph). Feeling fortunate. Glad to hear others faring well. SW FL devastation is sad to see.

Waters really getting pushed up.
The Main Street coming into my neighborhood ends at the marsh.
At the end thereā€™s the clubhouse and itā€™s about 18 ft down to the marsh. Itā€™s got water coming in. Everybody on the first Street closest to the marsh about to get water coming in their doorsā€¦

Ocean Isle sea Bowie reporting 20 ft seas. Iā€™d imagine Cherry Grove is getting their a$$ whipped by storm surgeā€¦ Cherry Grove gets washed away I have ocean front property.
Low tide 6:30ā€¦

We are headed to the beer store, wish us luck!

1 Like