I robot vacuum

Anyone using one of these? I have hardwood floors through out with area rugs. With three kids and a Boykin Spaniel that sheds 365 days of the year we vacuum a couple of times a week. We use a Dyson Animal and it is the bomb, just wondering if we had one of these robots working for us if we could eliminate breaking out the Dyson to maybe once a week or maybe every other week. Let me know the good and the bad…

best appliance invented since the refrigerator …

Two things I will never live out. If live in a house I will have a Roomba, if I own a boat it will have an iPilot.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

best appliance invented since the refrigerator …

X - 3

X 4, best tool since the skill saw!

My best friend after my dog. You’ll probably never have to vac on a regular basis again.

great tool. the only hard part with a dog, is making sure you remember to keep the bin empty. my lab sheds enough to fill it up every other run.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

skinnee claims it frees up the wife for way more sexy time.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

If that’s the case, then you might want to change your locks, PeaPod.:wink:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

We have some pottery on the floor that could be tippy. Do these vacs run into things hard enough to knock something over?

We have the Roomba 980 (“carpet boost”). Does a fantastic job on carpets, hardwood, tiles, etc. I’ll never live without one again. I have a great sex life for a married guy! Because of the iRobot Roomba, we might even consider a 3rd child!

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:

If that’s the case, then you might want to change your locks, PeaPod.:wink:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Well played tigerfin… Well played…

Wife and I got them for our mothers for Christmas. My mother has very little appreciation for new technology. I set her up with her first ever email address like six months ago…

All this to say, she thinks her Roomba is the coolest appliance she’s ever seen, much less own. Money well spent.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

skinnee if you can afford both of em, have at it brah.

also, lets go ahead and quantify great sex life for a married man. how many times would you say in a normal week? ballpark it for ole peapod. askin’ for a newlywed here. he’s shy.

Consumer Reports survey shows that Roomba is women’s second favorite battery powered device

quote:

also, lets go ahead and quantify great sex life for a married man. how many times would you say in a normal week? ballpark it for ole peapod. askin’ for a newlywed here. he’s shy.

You might want to have monthly goals instead of weekly. It might curb the disappointment. If you have kids under the age of 2, you probably don’t even want to keep count.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo
quote:

You might want to have monthly goals instead of weekly. It might curb the disappointment. If you have kids under the age of 2, you probably don’t even want to keep count.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

The correct answer is: as many as she wants. It’s not up to you any more.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo
quote:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

The correct answer is: as may as she wants. It’s not up to you any more.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

you’re not “married-ing” right

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:

I'm taking a couple of days off if that helps...

I just bought the wife a 980, mainly to keep up with the Joneses. I did use a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon and got $180 off. I hope that doesn’t taint my status.