I think this shows my mental maturity level...

But for some reason, I had the urge to buy one of these the other day…

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCAUF**&P=0

Check out the video link in the middle of the page.

Anybody else have one?

Nothing wrong with that. Anything that keeps you young. My Dad used to be into RC aircraft and has a ton of stuff that hasn’t been used in years. I’d love to get my hands on it but unfortunately my evil stepmonster has everything.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Nothing wrong with that. Anything that keeps you young. My Dad used to be into RC aircraft and has a ton of stuff that hasn’t been used in years. I’d love to get my hands on it but unfortunately my evil stepmonster has everything.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Through a $100 bill at her. She might not know how much they are worth.

DF, she sold that stuff a long time ago[:0]

I had one for awhile. They’re really easy to get obsessive with, because you can upgrade every little thing on them. I put a 2 speed transmission in mine, and you could literally hear it shift at like 60 mph. Then came exhaust, separate set of tires, etc.

Fun thing to do. Find an open stretch of non traveled road and race a buddy’s care with you sitting in the passenger seat.

That is why you have kids. :slight_smile: I couldn’t wait for my son to get old enough for a remote control car. Right when he turned 5 I, I mean he got, a sweet Traxxas truck that cost about $300. They are really fun. We went battery though, as the shop told us nitro is very hands on. Lots of tweaks and stuff to keep up on them.

Still a blast, and they sound awesome!

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

But for some reason, I had the urge to buy one of these the other day…

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCAUF**&P=0

Check out the video link in the middle of the page.

Anybody else have one?

Way to flaunt all that facebook money…:face_with_head_bandage:

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

That is why you have kids. :slight_smile: I couldn’t wait for my son to get old enough for a remote control car. Right when he turned 5 I, I mean he got, a sweet Traxxas truck that cost about $300. They are really fun. We went battery though, as the shop told us nitro is very hands on. Lots of tweaks and stuff to keep up on them.

Still a blast, and they sound awesome!

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Yeah, I grew up with the electric so the nitro thing was a new venture for me... ZERO experience with it...

I will say this though, I think that electric still makes sense for anyone under 13 or so… They can be a bit of a pain in the ass to pull crank and takes a little troubleshooting. Also, they are kind of loud so if your neighbors get pissed off easily, it might pay to go with electric. My nephew is about 10 years old now, so I want to get him a car. I’m sure it will be electric because he may get frustrated with the nitro and be too noisy. He loves puzzles and legos and stuff, so I will likely get him a kit to build instead of a “Ready To Run”. That’s the only thing that pisses me off about the Traxxas. They have the Stampede for about $215 ready to run, but unfortunatelyk it’s only RTR and not unassembled. So, I am trying to figure out what I want to get him without spending too much money…

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Way to flaunt all that facebook money…:face_with_head_bandage:

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Yeah right! Ask me why I picked the cheapest Nitro and used the "Easy Pay" option!!!
quote:
That is why you have kids. :)

Exactly! When my son was growing up he had every cool toy I ever wanted :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
That is why you have kids. :)

Exactly! When my son was growing up he had every cool toy I ever wanted :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

My first won't be born for another 6-8 weeks, so I was getting a jump start.

You really can’t go wrong with the stampede. We went with the Grave Digger truck, and I bought him the headlight kit that we installed. Cool red lights.

It really woke up when I bought a lipo battery and charger. Doubled the speed and fun. Next up is motor and receiver upgrade for 65 mph on monster truck tires.

The big trucks are a lot of fun in an urban environment. The buggies are cool on a track.

The kits are nice to assemble, but they are geared toward competition and I am not sure a 10 year old could handle the level of detail. I painted a body one time and it was one of the hardest things to get right.

Open the box and throw some mud is the way to go IMO. He can spend time customizing as he goes. New tires, different body, replacing parts he breaks, upgrading etc.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

The kits are nice to assemble, but they are geared toward competition and I am not sure a 10 year old could handle the level of detail. I painted a body one time and it was one of the hardest things to get right.

True, but my nephew is a bit unique. He loves the really complex legos and 1000+ piece puzzles. He just has a very visual mentality and enjoys the "building" aspect of things. Plus, I think that every kid should build one up at some point as it makes you appreciate what really goes into it.

You are right though. I raced them when I was younger, and there were so many configurations, pinion\spur gears, motors, connectors, wiring, speed controllers, batteries, tires, etc.

And another thing. I hated the painting aspect, but you can buy a lot of bodies pre-painted nowadays.

quote:

Congrats :smiley: You’ll never be the same. My first is now 25, we still like toys:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:

Congrats :smiley: You’ll never be the same. My first is now 25, we still like toys:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

Thanks!

skinneej, at least you can’t get hurt with one of those! I’ve been thinking, that I need a dirt bike!:wink::wink:[:0] How’s for your Subject line? I’m 66 years old:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

skinneej, at least you can’t get hurt with one of those! I’ve been thinking, that I need a dirt bike!:wink::wink:[:0] How’s for your Subject line? I’m 66 years old:smiley:

That’s not true, Mr. Easy. I have a Traxxas Rustler VXL that’s currently geared to run about 65 MPH. There are videos on YouTube of the same car reaching speeds of 100+ MPH. Take a shot to the leg and I promise it’ll “leave a mark”, if not worse…:frowning_face:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Easy

That’s not true, Mr. Easy. I have a Traxxas Rustler VXL that’s currently geared to run about 65 MPH. There are videos on YouTube of the same car reaching speeds of 100+ MPH. Take a shot to the leg and I promise it’ll “leave a mark”, if not worse…:frowning_face:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

ddammm you Black Bart, I am pretty convinced now that we were twins separated at birth... That's the only explanation that I can come up with...

Its the start of your mid life crisis,it only gets worse and more expensive,especially if it involves a girlfriend…lol