Inmates now get IPads???

I just don’t get it…I thought they were in prison!

South Carolina inmates to get tablets for phone calls, watching movies

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-inmates-to-get-tablets-for-phone-calls-watching-movies

quote:
Originally posted by Reel Wicked

I just don’t get it…I thought they were in prison!

South Carolina inmates to get tablets for phone calls, watching movies

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-inmates-to-get-tablets-for-phone-calls-watching-movies

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

Yeah, maybe it gives them something to do besides sitting around devising a plan to escape…

RBF

The incident at Lee correctional was caused by ill treatment of prisoners. some 85% of prisoners will be back on the streets , and our prisoners can either be taught skills to help them re adjust to a productive life OR treated like scum - a guarantee that they will re-offend. I’m not in favor of prison being a resort , but I am in favor of decent treatment as they earn it

How many hard-working, law-abiding citizens can’t afford iPads? Them dudes are in prison for a reason. Just my $.02. I understand “rehabilitation”, but this is a bit much. On our dime, no less.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

How will they keep track of their workout routines if they don’t have iPads? You guys aren’t suggesting that we cut off their Amazon Prime subscriptions too are you? SAVAGES!!!

Also, iPads have other functional use in prison too. There is plenty of glass on there to make a good shank if needed.

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

The incident at Lee correctional was caused by ill treatment of prisoners. some 85% of prisoners will be back on the streets , and our prisoners can either be taught skills to help them re adjust to a productive life OR treated like scum - a guarantee that they will re-offend. I’m not in favor of prison being a resort , but I am in favor of decent treatment as they earn it

I think the worse the conditions the less the repeat offenders. Teach em skills like the did when the chain gang was in full swing. Cleaning ditches, picking up trash, weed eating, cleaning state vehicles, oh so many things for them to learn instead of a vacation playing with an iPad. They lost all rights after they were sentenced.

I’m with Fred! When I was a kid the chaingang would work on our school and keep the grass cut and the whole place neat! Had an employe once said he was on the gang and it changed his life. Settled him down and made him a model citizen!

Our country made a BIG mistake when we changed prison from “penitentiaries” ( a place for penitence ) to “correctional institutions”. You will not have much luck changing a bad person to a good person. Just like some men are born with crooked teeth, some are born with crooked minds and you just can’t change them. Make them fear prison and it will be a deterrent to crime.

ZX

Over the years, I’ve had a number of criminals tell me doing a little time wasn’t so bad. They can work out, watch TV, de-tox if they want or get drugs if they want and have sex. All paid for by you and me. I like the idea of the old work farms. Nothing abusive but work so hard you are too tired to get into trouble.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

When my uncle was inside he would work in the kitchen and the canteen, work on transportation vehicles just to make time go faster. He didn’t sit around doing nothing.

Double D.

Thanks DFreedom. I just threw up a little…

first day in prison *

After 90 days o

After 1 year O

quote:

first day in prison *

After 90 days o

After 1 year O

I had to think on that for a minuet. I get it now. Yuck. I’ve heard men say no way would that happen to me if I went to prison. A few burly men grab hold of you and what ya gonna do? Nothing but take it. That’s all the reason I need to stay out of trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Over the years, I’ve had a number of criminals tell me doing a little time wasn’t so bad. They can work out, watch TV, de-tox if they want or get drugs if they want and have sex. All paid for by you and me. I like the idea of the old work farms. Nothing abusive but work so hard you are too tired to get into trouble.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I’m not sure were it was at but when my uncle retired from the service he became a guard for a short time. He said they had their own farm and provided the majority of the food for themselves. He said after 3 months of some of the sickest acts he has ever heard of couldn’t stomach the job anymore. I still don’t think they need A/C in the summer. I survived with out it as a youth.

quote:

first day in prison *

After 90 days o

After 1 year O

natureboy, I'm going to have to take some antacid now after reading that post...
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

first day in prison *

After 90 days o

After 1 year O

I had to think on that for a minuet. I get it now. Yuck. I’ve heard men say no way would that happen to me if I went to prison. A few burly men grab hold of you and what ya gonna do? Nothing but take it. That’s all the reason I need to stay out of trouble.

That's why it's important to beat someone's ass on the first day of prison. You just walk up to the biggest guy there, take food off his plate, ask him what he is gonna do about it, spit in his face, and then punch him. If you do that, people will want you in their gang. Trust me. I saw it in a movie. No 4 year degree needed.

Actually, I really did not see it in a movie, but I bet it could be in a movie… Maybe a “B” movie, perhaps.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

first day in prison *

After 90 days o

After 1 year O

That's why it's important to beat someone's ass on the first day of prison. You just walk up to the biggest guy there, take food off his plate, ask him what he is gonna do about it, spit in his face, and then punch him. If you do that, people will want you in their gang. Trust me. I saw it in a movie. No 4 year degree needed.

Actually, I really did not see it in a movie, but I bet it could be in a movie… Maybe a “B” movie, perhaps.

You Duffus! :smiley:

I don’t see how they would let them be used as telephones. SC DOC treats cell phones as contraband and there’s a huge problem with them being smuggled in. I am all for reform and providing a means to accomplish this, but I just don’t see how giving them I-Pads accomplishes this.

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”

They cant use them as phones - the server is very restricted - no social media no outbound Emails

I would be all for rewarding the good inmates with the I pads.