Inshore nearshore

Going to be in Hilton Head this weekend and wondering if trolling Clark spoons at the South end of the island at The mouth of the river and nearshore will produce anything. Open to any suggestions can’t go more than a couple miles out tho.

Evant,

I would recommend heading into the broad on the north end and fishing for cobia this weekend, You might pick up some Spanish on the spoons at the end of the island. You can fish for cobia with live bait if you can cast a net or sight fish for them with artificial. Its is still catch and release in the Broad for cobia. Good Luck.

Scout 175 Sportfish 90 HP Yamaha

quote:
Originally posted by bpc87

Evant,

I would recommend heading into the broad on the north end and fishing for cobia this weekend, You might pick up some Spanish on the spoons at the end of the island. You can fish for cobia with live bait if you can cast a net or sight fish for them with artificial. Its is still catch and release in the Broad for cobia. Good Luck.

I am hoping to do that but am worried about how crowded it might be memorial day weekend but am going to give it a shot thanks for the tip

Evant T.

Got 20 Spanish midday today casting variety of small spoons at the busting fish in the Broad on a rip near Hilton Head. Lost several spoons with cutoffs and had only one rod capable for this, as we had another destination planned that didn’t pan out. Some Blues as well:angry:.

Redfish rod with 20lb braid and 20lb flouro leader.

Would have got more but Green Jeans showed up doing their job and checked us out…for 15 minutes…:angry:

White and silver were the go to colors. Anything with red was slower. Good times!

Word on the radio from offshore was similar to what I’ve been hearing lately. Lots of small/short Cobia, and many being gaffed…

NN

quote:
Originally posted by bpc87

Evant,

Cobia can be kept June 1, right?