Inshore Reports

Is it just me, or does it seem like the inshore reports are slow this year?

Yes and since I live vicariously through other’s fishing trips it sucks.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Yes and since I live vicariously through other’s fishing trips it sucks.

same

Evant T.

Yes it definitely is slow. I’ve also noticed a major decline in the reds after the “freeze” this past winter…more so than the trout. Maybe the skunk days are just not worth reporting?

Capt. Jeremiah
Southern Slam Fishing Charters

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

Yeah I haven’t landed a red yet this year. Few trout. Shark are running pretty thick. Going out for Spanish on Wednesday with some of the guys from work. Hopefully I’ll have good news to report.

I don’t think “catching” is off this year. Probably less people choosing to report on this website (or at all) for various reasons.

We have had a ton of rain and made the water real muddy. I’ve been bass fishing more when the salt water clarity gets bad. I don’t have patience for cut bait.

People are catching. Fewer report these days due to backlash: “fingers in gills!” “holding the fish wrong!” etc.

for the gentle ones who can’t take the backlash, this is now on the market. 7cs and bangstick told me of this

quote:
Originally posted by goldfish

I don’t think “catching” is off this year. Probably less people choosing to report on this website (or at all) for various reasons.

I don’t disagree that people are hesitant to post due to the comments/opinions they may endure. But for me personally, I have definitely seen a decline in the amount of reds this year. I was worried about the trout population after the freeze, but I fear the reds got the worst of it. I am catching plenty of trout but the reds are definitely in lower numbers.

Capt. Jeremiah

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

I’ve been catching plenty of lower slot reds but few trout. Hopefully people aren’t posting pics because they’re getting the fish back in the water ASAP.

If two wrongs don’t make a right, try three.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

for the gentle ones who can’t take the backlash, this is now on the market. 7cs and bangstick told me of this

Did their PSA (pun intended) mention all the negative side effects?

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

I’ve noticed a very sharp drop off in reporting and have also found out a large # are starting to post on other sites due to not seeing as much activity here on CFC , sad cause there are a lot of good info and folks going elsewhere… I post our MAD event info here because I feel it’s the best site but I must say the last few post received NO feed back or even an acknowledgement .
TEST</font id=“size5”></font id=“red”>
Mark it down; MAD Charleston Event Oct. 13 with Capts meeting Friday evening Oct. 12… looking for volunteers to help show our nations heros our appreciation for their sacrifices; Got a boat to take a/or a couple troops out fishing ; A few hours of your time to assist on shore activities ; Items to donate as door prizes ; or just to make a financial donation to help with costs…
If interested drop me a PM or visit our webpage link shown on my signature below… You’ve got nothing to lose and a lot to gain in helping to us to make one simple statement to our HEROS…

THANKS !</font id=“size6”></font id=“red”>

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

What are the other local sites? I thought this was the best forum for fishing Charleston. I still feel this is a valuable site with a wealth of knowledge and information.

Capt. Jeremiah

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

quote:
Originally posted by Firefighterj80

What are the other local sites? I thought this was the best forum for fishing Charleston. I still feel this is a valuable site with a wealth of knowledge and information.

Capt. Jeremiah

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

boat life of charleston on fb ;; the hull truth.com ;; Salt water central .com are the first ones that i check out with SWC my first go to site . MAD Charleston Chapter also has a FB page where we pass on some good info and pics of our activities...

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I don’t FB and while I do go on THT, there is so much drama and crap. CF is my “go to” site. Met so many good people here and made friends of many of them. Even Peapod, even though I’ve never met him.

Been a member of CF since 04/03 with less than 400 posts to my name. Hate the “Keyboard Cowboys” since they never have anything of value to offer, but that is not why I don’t post. I simply choose not to unless I feel it makes a difference. We all use the same baits, similar techniques and tackle. If I manage to land that Tarpon or Snook this year, trust me, I’ll let you know.

Total agree with quarterpounder. I been a member before they had an inshore forum. It use to be only geared towards offshore. Folks get tired of the High School Harry’s and Arm Chair QBs when they post.

He must Increase,but I must decrease. John 3:30

quote:
Originally posted by quarterpound

Been a member of CF since 04/03 with less than 400 posts to my name. Hate the “Keyboard Cowboys” since they never have anything of value to offer, but that is not why I don’t post. I simply choose not to unless I feel it makes a difference. We all use the same baits, similar techniques and tackle. If I manage to land that Tarpon or Snook this year, trust me, I’ll let you know.

quote:
Originally posted by C Tackle

Total agree with quarterpounder. I been a member before they had an inshore forum. It use to be only geared towards offshore. Folks get tired of the High School Harry’s and Arm Chair QBs when they post.

He must Increase,but I must decrease. John 3:30

Still, it’s a better forum than THT or most of the others…

My reports have been offset by a home reno, still catching some fish when I go, but nothing worth posting yet…and I couldn’t agree more with QP, I’ll be posting more than the Pod when I land my first Tarpon or Snook

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

seems selfish that you dont post a home reno thread to show your progress. 23 puts up tiny train village status reports. even bonzo shows us what his hired help built