Insurance increases

Homeowner’s policy just renewed and it was higher than previous year

Not looking forward to auto policy renewal next

Better hitch up your drawers. The FEMA flood ins has gone through the roof if you live on the water.

But, But, But Bidenomics. I thought everything was great and the cost of everything was coming down?

Hey Guys, leave Politics out of the Off Topic forum, or it will be moved to the “Changing Station”.

Thanks!

Scott

Only explanation I can find

Once things increase they rarely decrease

My flood has remained about the same, just over a thousand per year. I live on Battery Creek.

You gonna join the fleet during Water festival? There is a nice hard sandbar not far from the Hospital I’ve spent a few hours on. Ya know a Gowen Tutten from around that area? Used to work at the power company.

1 Like

I usually stay away from crowds . My son did win first place in the toad fish contest two years in a row. I merged both years together for the pic.

3 Likes

He grew like a weed that year, handsome lad

One of the problems I see with federal flood insurance is people who have been flooded out multiple times. I get the 1,000-year flood occurrences but, some stories I have seen have folks getting flooded out 3 times or more in 20 years. Maybe move?

This doesn’t look good

When we had the big flood eight, or ten years ago, I ended up working off hwy. 6, below the Murray dam. in a subdivision called Cold Stream.

The flood there was caused by the dam gates on Murray being released. A small pod in the subdivision back flooded, from the force of the Saluda River backing up a stream, that drained from the pond.

In my opinion, the State should have been liable, whether the homeowners were insured or not, but FEMA came to the rescue…LOL.

I also worked on a home, off Monticello rd. near where the DOT shed, and equipment, was washed into the Broad River. The “flood” insurance stipulated that the repair/rebuild to the home had to stay within the exact same footprint, to be covered.

That’s the Gubmint hard at work for ya"!

Man that’s awesome!! I’d give you a pointer on toad fish/ mother in law fish, but that would be unnecessary. Ok… bank oyster wrapped around your hook and fish for Sheep. That’ll get you a toad.

Interesting article on a toad fish… Taco recipe at end of article.

Geez! $42,000 for a minor fender bender?

that’s unsustainable

Looks like they might’ve called
999-9999?

Not exactly…when the flood maps were redrawn just a few years ago, my flood insurance dropped from $6000, to $600 ! How FEMA figured that is beyond me, because living on the marsh for 40+ years, I’ve witnessed flood tides reach levels never heard or seen before.

With that said, natural disasters are what I know to push rates higher. Fires, floods, etc…Not to mention above average heat, good luck trying to grow crops when it gets this hot.

July 3-6, 2023 were the warmest days on record, crossing 17°C. This was 1.02°C (1.8°F) above the average for the date, and an increase from the previous record-holder of 17.18°C (62.9°F) set just one day before. The global mean temperature statistic masks the extreme events taking place worldwide.Jul 7, 2023

Natural disasters come with heavy costs. The most important one is human life. But there’s a monetary price to be paid, too.

In 2021, the structural damage from wildfires, floods, and other climate-related disasters totaled $145 billion, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Homeowners are feeling the effects. Between 2021 and 2022, 90 percent of them saw an increase in their home insurance premiums, according to a Policygenius report.

Some folks say the earth isnt getting hotter, that its all government funded propaganda.

A hoax

A natural occurance that humans arent speeding up.

Some folks, not all

LOL

And some will believe anything the govt. tells 'em…

LOL…

Topic is insurance increases. Natural disasters are the the culprit. If humans clear cut a heavily forested tract, and replace it with homes and asphalt, I’m pretty sure any rainfall is now going to bypass that area quickly and move downstream.

No question the Earth is getting hotter, in another 5000- 10000 years or so we might be fully out of this Ice Age. Might even see Antarctica have trees again! Peach orchards in Canada!!! woo hoo!! Aint a darn thing man can do about it. Just like we can’t change the inevitable Expansion of our Sun in another billion or so years scorching our Earth. If Man makes it that long. Or we don’t get taken out by an Asteroid.