IOP 4/30/16

On the beach about 10:45, incoming tide, light wind from the left with mild surf. Pretty slow catching. Fished fresh shrimp and chunk bait. Lots of small “nibbler” bites. I suspect baby Blues and tiny Whiting. Managed a handful of average to small Whiting, a few baby Bluefish (under 6"), the first Southern Ray of the season and 1 respectable, REEAALLYY lucky Pompano. All were caught on shrimp.

Wow nice pomp! We spent our day on Folly losing bait to nibblers non stop. Really slow day for us

1860 G3 DLX

Carp Crusade Bowfishing

That’s a gorgeous fish. Your ray is about the same size and the one I had today. Mine was feisty whipping it’s tail around. Did you let the pomp go?

quote:
Originally posted by Walkman

…Did you let the pomp go?

Yes…:imp: If I would have caught another one, it would not have been so lucky. I don’t carry a “fish” cooler. Only a soft sided cooler for drinks, but a few fish have fit in the bottom.

Good morning Mr. Parker. Last outing for me I had a constant nibbling going on myself, I wasn’t sure what it was. I sat this weekend out:frowning_face: It seems the sharks are in full swing now, I know their your favorite:smiley: better gear up:smiley: Nice solid day for you Sir, and even cooler that you landed the very elusive and rare pompano.:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Haven’t had any sharks the past few days. Lots of whiting about a foot in length though. Would love to catch a pomp again. That was the first fish I caught here in the Surf haha. maybe one day… probably not though as I don’t usually use their bait of choice

good stuff, sir. I caught a stingray the same size yesterday at Litchfield Beach. The only thing that i caught, but at least i got something :slight_smile:

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

Good morning Mr. Parker. Last outing for me I had a constant nibbling going on myself, I wasn’t sure what it was. I sat this weekend out:frowning_face: It seems the sharks are in full swing now, I know their your favorite:smiley: better gear up:smiley: Nice solid day for you Sir, and even cooler that you landed the very elusive and rare pompano.:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Yeah, I got machine gunned all day. I caught a few tinny Blues and 6" Whiting, one double hook up. Last weekend I landed a pup Sharpnose, and yes the Sharks are coming…I CAN’T WAIT!!!:clown_face:…to catch my first “grown” shark so I can clean and store the big gear until the fall.:smiley: