IOP Report

Caught a few, slot, Black Drum this morning. Plenty of undersized Sheepheads. Fiddlers in the breakers, off of the pier.

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

Glad to see that you’re getting out there and wetting a line!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Thanks 23SF:+1:

Didn’t do much with the Black Drum, this morning. I did manage to break off a couple of nice Sheep heads though. Looked to be in the 5-6# range?

Going to give it another try now.

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

Back home, so I’ll finish my report. After Monday, and Tuesday, the Drum, and Sheephead, bite all but disappeared. Plenty of under slot Trout caught on “fresh” shrimp, only fresh. Plenty of nice sized Whiting too.

Sharks, well, that’s another story. Must’ve beached, and released two dozen Bonnet head’s, in the upper teens, and lower twenty # range, over the week. All caught on quartered Blue Crab, we caught off of the pier in crab pots. I’d guess we caught around 60 to 75, Atlantic Sharpnose, sharks. Every kid on the pier, that was interested, caught sharks, using my rigs. That was the most fun of all.

Lost my personal best, land based shark. 8-9 ft. range. Got it beached on a shoal, just behind the breakers, but had to cross a 3-4 foot deep, ditch to get to it, in the waning twilight. I could, clearly, see the dorsal fin, and tail, but, after having had a few beers, I decided to cut it off!!:wink: Shark caught the next wave, and swam away. That shark took a large, live, Spot, as bait.

We had a blast, especially watching the young’uns have so much fun!! Be back first week of August. Y’all catch 'em up!!:+1:

Scott

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward