Irma

Not sure if yall have been keeping an eye on Irma but I think that storm warrants keeping an eye on her (no pun intended).

Expected to be a major hurricane by some time Saturday and has a whole lot of ocean to keep on building on…

The media is going to create a panic about fuel shortages since that refinery had to shut down…
I’d top off the tank on the way home or tomorrow and stay ahead of the idiots…

Advice like that is what causes the prices to go up. People constantly topping off is a problem. What is the point really?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

The prices are going to go up because there is now a reason. I don’t mean to top it off every day till Irma passes…This is a Holiday weekend, add that with the media hyping the refinery, could be lines this weekend that you can avoid now.

I heard an analyst on the radio, some guy responsible for forecasting the prices, saying that it wouldn’t be that much of an impact on prices. Don’t forget about gas always being high on Labor Day weekend. We shall see…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

This just go posted 13 minutes ago…$.20 increase on Harvey

http://www.postandcourier.com/business/in-harvey-s-wake-south-carolina-gasoline-prices-rise-cents/article_d3f13aec-8e64-11e7-a5c5-df1a820989d0.html

Edit - I did pay $1.99 @ Costco yesterday, so who knows

Next week gas prices will be back down. False hype. Just an excuse to go up for the weekend.

Don’t refineries usually go offline this time anyway to retool from the summer blend fuel?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

Not sure if yall have been keeping an eye on Irma but I think that storm warrants keeping an eye on her (no pun intended).

Expected to be a major hurricane by some time Saturday and has a whole lot of ocean to keep on building on…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

As of 5:00 pm today, Irma’s a cat 3 in growing.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

The Euro model for that storm is beyond scary

Irma is a concern for sure.

To early to tell at this point but, if anyone is able, offer what you can to the folks in Texas. Have seen a few interviews the weather channel has done with rescued folks from there, and quite frankly, I was amazed at their “it will be OK attitude”.

Jumped onto I-20 in Augusta today and pulled alongside a convoy of Emergency vehicles from Greensboro, NC. dragging boats headed to Texas. Gave some thumbs up to them as I passed. Good stuff!!

NN

I’ve been glued to the news from Texas. I grew up on the TX coast, and my county (Matagorda) got hit pretty hard. Not as bad as we thought, thank God. All of my family still lives there and they all evacuated, but they are back home now. I’ve been pretty nervous all week.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

My wife was part of a small group that organized some donations that are leaving CHS this morning for Houston in a huge convoy. One thing to consider if you are donating items is pet food. The people that evacuated obviously most likely packed their valuables (if they had time) and just put their pets in cages and hauled ass. Consider buying some random bags or cans of cat and dog food to donate…

We have bags and bags of clothes that we could donate, does anyone know where we can drop them where they would be heading to Texas? We are on James Is.

quote:
Originally posted by Area 51

This just go posted 13 minutes ago…$.20 increase on Harvey

http://www.postandcourier.com/business/in-harvey-s-wake-south-carolina-gasoline-prices-rise-cents/article_d3f13aec-8e64-11e7-a5c5-df1a820989d0.html

Edit - I did pay $1.99 @ Costco yesterday, so who knows

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

We did too…iy was 125.9 at cosco today

quote]Originally posted by Geronimo

Next week gas prices will be back down. False hype. Just an excuse to go up for the weekend.

Don’t refineries usually go offline this time anyway to retool from the summer blend fuel?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115
[/quote]

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I think this guy is trying to scare me. Good discussion and analysis.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Not trying to start a panic and hoping for the best but, I encourage everyone to keep an eye on this one. It looks as though it has the potential to be a real strong one.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Hugo 2.0?

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Advice like that is what causes the prices to go up. People constantly topping off is a problem. What is the point really?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

It’s not constantly topping off it’s knowing that gas and propane can be hard to come by after a major storm. I filled all of my stuff up and got a few extra jugs of gas for the Generator. Also made sure the Generator would crank up. I picked up a couple extra chains for the chainsaw. Never know. :smiley: better safe than sorry. Pretty good advise from area 51

“Why Bruce?”

They will know better tomorrow but the 9/4 11pm update is showing a big hit to south Florida then likely turning sharply North.

First, Most, Biggest