Is the Program Just Going Down The Tubes.......

Clemson commit popped for weed and some type of pills

http://www.golaurens.com/news/item/23188

Clemson football player arrested on drug charges in Clinton

Mar 16
Clemson football player arrested on drug charges in Clinton
A Greenwood teen, and current member of the Clemson football team, was arrested on drug charges by Clinton Public Safety in Clinton on Monday.

Kaleb Teshawn Chalmers, 18, of 116 Ashwood Street in Greenwood, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a schedule II controlled substance.

The incident occurred on Monday around 10:15pm on Peachtree Street.

According to the incident report, Chalmers had a quantity of marijuana in the groin area of his shorts and a digital scale in the backseat of his vehicle. While searching his vehicle, officers located five Vyvanse capsules and one Alprazolam pill.

Chalmers was released from the Johnson Detention Center on Tuesday.

Chalmers is listed as a freshman defensive back on the Clemson football team. He was a Shrine Bowl selection in 2014 after playing at Greenwood High School.

If that had happened in Pickens, we would have never heard about it, and if we had, the cop would have been fired. Clemson will be fine, they have plenty of depth on the defensive side of the ball. Kid will probably miss the first game against Auburn.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I agree. One game is enough. It’s just weed and ADD stuff, right?

I think he had a zanex too…however its spelled.

He’s an idiot. He’s a DB which we are NOT deep at due to 3 leaving early for the draft. This was his chance to play on a very good team and he’s letting younger players get his reps instead…

I’ve never smoked weed and don’t have anything against it but I don’t get how these kids will risk throwing away the great opportunities they have in their hands for what seems like a minor just for laughs high.

First, Most, Biggest

My uncle coached him in high school. Dabo called him to come and talk to Kaleb back a few months ago since he seemed like he was headed down the wrong path. Sad to see him throw it all away. He had more than weed, also had several types of pills and a scale.

17 Carolina Skiff
60 Johnson

He be gone now

Dismissed from the team. Too bad. Said he had a lot of talent. 3*

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

I’ve never smoked weed and don’t have anything against it but I don’t get how these kids will risk throwing away the great opportunities they have in their hands for what seems like a minor just for laughs high.

You were raised different. These kids are brought up this way these days.

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

I can fully attest that it’s not so fun that it’s worth throwing away your entire life over.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

He be gone now

Must not have been as good a player as Sammy Watkins if they kicked him off the team.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

He be gone now

Must not have been as good a player as Sammy Watkins if they kicked him off the team.

So do you think weed and pills should be enough to get kicked off the team, or is it just a matter of getting caught?

And they didn’t kick him out of school, just kicked him off the football team. Clemson still affords him the opportunity to finish school and get his degree.

Thoughts??