Justified, or Petty?

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=10089

I’ve met him a couple of times, and he seems like a pretty stand-up guy to me. Are the Cajuns just bustin’ ball$, or do they have a legit beef?

Discuss.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=10089

I’ve met him a couple of times, and he seems like a pretty stand-up guy to me. Are the Cajuns just bustin’ ball$, or do they have a legit beef?

Discuss.

I don’t know anything about him, but if you say he is a good guy then I’ll take your word for it. Good guy or not, it appears he broke a law in Loozyanna and that he’s going to pay for it.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

That’s the guy that knocked me out a few years back according to who you talk to. He got mad when I accused him of following people around to find fishing spots. Must be making friends in Delacroix as well. Any guide that claims to have 20 years of experience knows the law. Bart how would you feel if what you did for a living required a license and you saw other people doing the same job unlicensed?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Ive chartered with him before actually a long time ago. Law is the law, i saw his social media posts about chartering out of LA actually. Thats pretty much all the probable cause leo’s would need i imagine. Proof is getting caught red handed.

quote:
Originally posted by millacd

Proof is getting caught red handed.

haha RED handed

First, Most, Biggest

Dude got what he deserved from how I read the article. Justified and much more than petty. Very flamboyant.

I could really understand someone like CaptFritz being upset over this, dude was messing with some others livelihood.

What I really liked was this… "agents seized four redfish in the case and donated them to a local charity, the release states. "

I love it when the fish don’t just get thrown back in the river, but actually given to someone that can eat them. Already have one bad, no use making another.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

That’s the guy that knocked me out a few years back according to who you talk to. He got mad when I accused him of following people around to find fishing spots. Must be making friends in Delacroix as well. Any guide that claims to have 20 years of experience knows the law. Bart how would you feel if what you did for a living required a license and you saw other people doing the same job unlicensed?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I was hoping you’d add your $.02, Captain. Your response, as well as everyone else’s, is what I 1) expected and 2) hoped would be the collective attitude. Laws are laws, regardless of how we feel about them.

quote:

somebody else got really mad when asked to provide video evidence they claimed to have, of apparent altercation. I'm still waiting.

I reckon trying to sell islands in the salt marsh didn’t work out so well…especially if nothing legally can be built on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60bzbfHP1Hs

quote:

I’ve been telling people he karate chopped you in the jugular for years…

I’m surprised this story finally made it to CF. When the news broke a few weeks ago I must have gotten 30 text messages with links to the article.

How is he “messing with other’s livelihoods”? He’s a guide. He didn’t have his paperwork in Louisiana and learned a valuable lesson from it. He paid his fine. Probably not a mistake he will make again. He has his paperwork and is 100% legal now and is still doing guided trips out there. What it really comes down to is that when you are in someone else’s backyard, people don’t like it, and will do anything to take you down.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

How is he “messing with other’s livelihoods”? He’s a guide. He didn’t have his paperwork in Louisiana and learned a valuable lesson from it. He paid his fine. Probably not a mistake he will make again. He has his paperwork and is 100% legal now and is still doing guided trips out there. What it really comes down to is that when you are in someone else’s backyard, people don’t like it, and will do anything to take you down.

How is he not messing with other people’s livelihoods? In any sector of business imaginable, if a competitor in the same field is not abiding by the same laws, restrictions, permits, and associated costs, he is by definition competing with and taking away potential customers from other businesses. Which is indeed messing with other people’s livelihoods.

quote:

How is he not messing with other people’s livelihoods? In any sector of business imaginable, if a competitor in the same field is not abiding by the same laws, restrictions, permits, and associated costs, he is by definition competing with and taking away potential customers from other businesses. Which is indeed messing with other people’s livelihoods.

But that IS his business... That's like saying a contractor is stealing from other people's business because the inspector noticed that he didn't build your staircase to code...

You really want to start again, Robert:question:I can be nice, but Daddy will still see what Sunny Boy, is up to! When they go low, we go high!
The end game, reflects on you! I could Email or call Daddy, would that be better for you to tell to him, what Sonny Boy is up to:question: Your move, Bolbie/Poly Ball!

Can u say “” B U S T E D “”":face_with_head_bandage: !!! If you pee in somebodys backyard
sooner or later you will get B U S T E D !! In any case he tried to Sneak under the radar and be a cheep azz and now he will have to pay – luckly his boat wasnt taken along with the rods :face_with_head_bandage:!!!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej That's like saying a contractor is stealing from other people's business because the inspector noticed that he didn't build your staircase to code...

stealing? maybe. competitive advantage? yes

if the contractor didn’t build to code, he had lower unit costs to build the staircase which put him at [an unfair?] competitive advantage over his competitors who met code. and the code corner cutter always cuts other corners. always

if a roofer re-roofs a house, pays workers in cash, no fica, suta, insurance - he does it cheaper than a competitor who has those add’l costs.

I’m an economic libertarian, but the playing field should be level. it’s good for the market to determine the price of something as long as the competition is fair.

Dang Pee! I didn’t know you was such a deep thinker![:0]:wink:

quote:
quote:

But that IS his business... That's like saying a contractor is stealing from other people's business because the inspector noticed that he didn't build your staircase to code...

I can explain it for you, but i can’t understand it for you

quote:

I can explain it for you, but i can’t understand it for you

That's a cop out answer... Again, he is STILL over there, WITH PAPERWORK, DOING CHARTERS... He is 100% legal now and he is STILL doing charters. So, it's only this piece of paper that determines if he is "taking other's livelihood" or not? That's silly...

You are trying to apply some sort of “principle” that doesn’t fit this scenario.

Again, I ask you… If an inspector finds a building that has a code violation, does that mean that the contractor has been “stealing other’s livelihoods”?

quote:

Is there a hint of acceptance from you for what he did?

I do agree with you about someone being in my back yard. I would do what I could to remove the illegal stranger.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”