King Fishing- no braid at Outer Banks Piers

Fishing report for Monday, July 8, 2013 : Morning Report- Fishing is slow but anglers are catching SEA MULLET, SPOT, BLUEFISH and SKATE. Mostly sunny, wind WSW 10-15 mph. Water temp 64 degrees. High tide 8:09 a.m. and 8:22 p.m. Low tide 2:10 p.m. FYI–Pin-riggers, we do not allow braid on either rod.

As well it should be.

Why is that? Chance of tangling up a swimmer?

“Sire, it belongs in truth to the Church of God, in whose name I speak, to endure blows and not to inflict them. But it will also please your Majesty to remember that she is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.”…Theodore Beza

I wondered why I hadn’t seen you at work!! You have an awesome time:)

They were very serious about it. When I got there and set up, a fellow fisherman asked me if I use braided line and asked others as well. It could cut other mono lines and they go by the rules. They do have sets of rules listed at the end of the pier posted,

It is a fair rule, and it is a rule that other piers adhere to also. It doesn’t take braid to catch a big king or anything else worth getting while king fishing. Hell, if you think that’s a quirk,drive on the beach with your lights on shining the water on Hatteras and Ocracoke islands during Drum season and you might get a lead weight through your windshield . I have seen it.

ouch!