Landscaping

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

https://charleston.craigslist.org/search/fgs

And which of those do you RECOMMEND?
quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

why are you jumping from landscaping contractors, to what I do with the used oil? You asked if I changed the oil in my own vehicle.

Because, I want to use a service to take care of my yard, which you didn't seem like you were fond of the idea.

Unless you dump your oil in a ditch, you are probably paying a service to take dirty oil off of your hands.

The point being, we all outsource something. Maybe you like exposing yourself to carcinogenic materials and dumping them in the marsh. That just doesn’t sound like fun to me. Or maybe you do all that dirty work and still have to pay a service to dispose of your oil (which seems to defeat the purpose to me).

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Roundup!

Just spray it on top of the straw, or do I have to pull it all up and spray underneath? Also, what does it do to all of the flowers\plants that I want to keep?

You just lost your man card…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

http://www.roundup.com/smg/goprod/roundup-precision-gel/prod11780006

pretty interesting product right there

If I’m posting, its because I’m sitting here at work, dreaming about fishing.

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

You just lost your man card…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Incorrect sir... I've been married for almost 9 years. I lost my man card in 2008.
quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

SJ would end up drunk one night and think that was deodorant, and then have to wear a wife beater along with his thong for the rest of the summer…

RBF

quote:

Reviews on it seem to suck:

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B01C4290ES/ref=acr_search_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=avp_only_reviews&showViewpoints=0

its NAIR for the real man

wow, those are some of the worst reviews ive seen on any product on amazon

quote:

I'm looking for LANdscaping, not MANscaping... But, I'm not surprised that RBF has all of the answers on the latter.

i did see one person says to use regular roundup concentrate and a paint brush…that seems like a good idea, depending on the amount of area you have to deal with

This is what I am dealing with. Definitely some weeds and lilly pad looking things of some sorts, but there is centipede grass growing up everywhere in between.

quote:
quote:

why are you jumping from landscaping contractors, to what I do with the used oil? You asked if I changed the oil in my own vehicle.

Because, I want to use a service to take care of my yard, which you didn't seem like you were fond of the idea.

Unless you dump your oil in a ditch, you are probably paying a service to take dirty oil off of your hands.

The point being, we all outsource something. Maybe you like exposing yourself to carcinogenic materials and dumping them in the marsh. That just doesn’t sound like fun to me. Or maybe you do all that dirty work and still have to pay a service to dispose of your oil (which seems to defeat the purpose to me).

https://www.santeecooper.com/committed-to-south-carolina/environmental-stewardship/gofer.aspx

The farm is a long way from the marsh, why would I bring it all the way home and dump in my front yard, when I already told you it’s recycled through Santee Cooper ?

You sure use a lot of "probably ", and "maybe " in your reply

the roundup with paint brush will definitely get rid of the broad leaf stuff fairly easily. the best way to keep control of that centipede is to put a weed barrier below the straw, but that will consist of you removing all the pine straw. did you plant that bed or did a contractor? if the latter, i’m surprised the contractor didn’t put down a barrier.

quote:

This is what I am dealing with. Definitely some weeds and lilly pad looking things of some sorts, but there is centipede grass growing up everywhere in between.

Dollar weed is in there bad, but an easy one to kill, better get on it early. Round Up will work. I also noticed nutsedge, aka nutgrass, it will spread quickly and produce an enzyme that'll allow hardly anything else to grow nearby. If you pull and get the nut, it's over,if not, it reproduces several more shoots.

Good luck

quote:
quote:
quote:

https://www.santeecooper.com/committed-to-south-carolina/environmental-stewardship/gofer.aspx

The farm is a long way from the marsh, why would I bring it all the way home and dump in my front yard, when I already told you it’s recycled through Santee Cooper ?

I asked you about the logistics. I understand that you said most of it ends up at GOPHER. What I am asking is HOW it ends up at GOPHER (does it magically teleport itself there). It's really a simple question. Do you transport it in that little black container to GOPHER in the back of your station wagon, or do you

and btw, those “lilly pad looking things” are dollar weeds

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I asked you about the logistics. I understand that you said most of it ends up at GOPHER. What I am asking is HOW it ends up at GOPHER (does it magica
quote:
quote:

I'm looking for LANdscaping, not MANscaping... But, I'm not surprised that RBF has all of the answers on the latter.

Best to keep the man patches high and tight…

RBF

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I asked you about the logistics. I understand that you said most of it ends up at GOPHER. What I am asking is HOW it ends up at GOPHER (does it magica