Landscaping

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Read Santee Coopers info, they come pick up for farmers,construction companies,ect. 200 gallon minimum.

Why would I want to read their info when I can just ask? Isn't that a waste of time for me to do if you already know the answer? Okay, so basically you take advantage of the fact that you have access to a construction site with a 200+ gallon oil reserve. Most people do not. Okay, so it's a bad example for your circumstances. But for many people, the time\labor it takes to change the oil, transport the oil, clean the mess, dispose of the oil is just not a cost effective venture in my eyes.

Anyway, you only get so much time on the Earth before you venture to the other side. Nothing sounds appealing about spending that limited time resource doing mundane, unfruitful, repetitive tasks. I would rather spend my time doing something more productive\fruitful. That’s really my point. Things like spending time with my family are worth more than saving $20-30 by changing my own oil.

To each his own I guess! If you find joy in changing your own oil, then more power to you brother!

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

and btw, those “lilly pad looking things” are dollar weeds

If I’m posting, its because I’m sitting here at work, dreaming about fishing.

Ok. Seems like I need to get on it. I guess a trip to Lowe's\Home Depot is in order.

Seems that RoundUp makes something that is safe for centipede grass.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

Ok. Seems like I need to get on it. I guess a trip to Lowe's\Home Depot is in order.

Roundup for southern lawns. If you do not have a sprayer to mix concentrate.

Try this for small areas. It is premixed and has a spray wand.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Roundup-Southern-Lawns-1-Gallon-Weed-Killer/1000182245

If you need to do large are like yard. This attaches to end of garden hose.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Roundup-Southern-Lawns-32-oz-Weed-Killer/1000210733

quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13
quote:
quote:

Roundup for southern lawns. If you do not have a sprayer to mix concentrate.

Try this for small areas. It is premixed and has a spray wand.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Roundup-Southern-Lawns-1-Gallon-Weed-Killer/1000182245

If you need to do large are like yard. This attaches to end of garden hose.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Roundup-Southern-Lawns-32-oz-Weed-Killer/1000210733

Yep. That is the one that I saw! Going to pick some up tonight.

http://www.pickettlawncare.com/

Try this, looks like a smaller operation.

Check one of the mom swap pages and see who they are suggesting, I found a neighborhood kid to do it but had to fire him due to being an unreliable worker.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

What about using Image??

Good for Nutgrass, but does it kill the nut??

Sedgehammer will kill it, gotta be careful

gotta do this… Quarter acre… What the heck skinny?

You that busy? As Bolbie/ robert once stated Post stamp yard… Man take care of it yourself and enjoy the rewards of knowing you did it!!! !!!

I guess I’ll never be so comfortably wealthy that I can’t handle an acre or two… past that some good chemical.

Good gracious, just sit down in the tiny area and pull all the undesirable plants you don’t want.

While you are at it, plant some stuff you can eat!

“Why Bruce?”

I’m dizzy from all of this.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

gotta do this… Quarter acre… What the heck skinny?

You that busy? As Bolbie/ robert once stated Post stamp yard… Man take care of it yourself and enjoy the rewards of knowing you did it!!! !!!

I guess I’ll never be so comfortably wealthy that I can’t handle an acre or two… past that some good chemical.

Good gracious, just sit down in the tiny area and pull all the undesirable plants you don’t want.

While you are at it, plant some stuff you can eat!

“Why Bruce?”

better tread lightly or he’ll start asking about your oil change logistics.

I change my own oil. I pour the old oil in Peapod’s yard. Now he knows what that spot is.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
quote:

Read Santee Coopers info, they come pick up for farmers,construction companies,ect. 200 gallon minimum.

Why would I want to read their info when I can just ask? Isn't that a waste of time for me to do if you already know the answer? Okay, so basically you take advantage of the fact that you have access to a construction site with a 200+ gallon oil reserve. Most people do not. Okay, so it's a bad example for your circumstances. But for many people, the time\labor it takes to change the oil, transport the oil, clean the mess, dispose of the oil is just not a cost effective venture in my eyes.

Anyway, you only get so much time on the Earth before you venture to the other side. Nothing sounds appealing about spending that limited time resource doing mundane, unfruitful, repetitive tasks. I would rather spend my time doing something more productive\fruitful. That’s really my point. Things like spending time with my family are worth more than saving $20-30 by changing my own oil.

To each his own I guess! If you find joy in changing your own oil, then more power to you brother!

Are you sure that your family doesn't need a 45 minute break from you every 10 days?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Pay someone to remove the existing straw, install a weed barrier then re straw and be done. If you only treat with spray, they will keep coming back and you will accidentally spray your good plants…its a vicious cycle

quote:
Originally posted by Badfish

Pay someone to remove the existing straw, install a weed barrier then re straw and be done. If you only treat with spray, they will keep coming back and you will accidentally spray your good plants…its a vicious cycle

Yep, said it early…

Also needs to put down some nice Carolina gold long leaf, and not the cheap slash…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
quote:

Are you sure that your family doesn't need a 45 minute break from you every 10 days?

Possibly, but i

Getting your heart rate up and breaking a sweat is good for you every now and again, especially as you get older.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Getting your heart rate up and breaking a sweat is good for you every now and again, especially as you get older.

That's why I have a heavy bag in the garage. Do you think pulling weeds is the secret to health?

Nothing finer than pushing a lawnmower in the summer heat, getting covered in sweat and grass, and then admiring a nicely groomed lawn.

What’s wrong with exercise and self satisfaction?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I change my own oil. I pour the old oil in Peapod’s yard. Now he knows what that spot is.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

that’s why peapod doesnt have any weeds