Lights Camera Action

I can remember when camcorders first came on the scene. People would lug them around to film their kids growing up or other events. Rarely did you see anyone, other than professional film crews, carry one out on a boat. he old recorders were huge and the weight and size really made them tough to film for any length of time. The price was also so high that we did not want to risk having something happen to it, like having it bounce around in the boat or getting it wet.

In a very short time, technology has changed the world of fishing forever. Now video recorders, like the popular Go-Pro brand, will fit in the palm of your hand and they are both affordable and durable and many models are even submersible for underwater filming. The quality of the video in these small recorders is actually very good. With the wide variety of video editing programs now available, even rookies can make videos that have a professional look. There also are several video services online that you can load your video to for the whole world to see.

There are many different types and brands and you probably want to do a little research to see which video camera suits your application the best. There are also many accessories offered with them that will allow you to do things like film underwater or mount your camera to a moving boat or car.

I used to tell my wife that I wish I could show her just how beautiful some the things we see on the ocean are (she is prone to motion sickness offshore). Now I can easily film and show her some of the amazing things Mother Nature has to offer. Don’t miss the opportunity to use one of these cameras to create some great fishing memories you can re-live over and over again.

Andy Pickett
CharlestonFishing.Com
</font id=“blue”>