little flies

Ok, so i have tried everything to get rid of these little flies i see once in a while around the house. They seem to be around the kitchen sink the most. I have read up on the and know that they lay eggs in the drain pipe p-trap and have put bleach, draino, and clogged the sink for a whole day without any results. Anyone have the secret or the same thing?

Curioius

Do they have little round black wings that resemble micky mouse ears?

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Praise the lord and pass the ammunition” -Howell Forgy

They seem fuzzy wings…not sure if that makes sense. I think they were called drain flies? Just want to get rid of them, thought the cold weather would make them go away.

http://www.getridoffliesguide.com/how-to-get-rid-of-drain-flies/

Thanks

Short glass with a shot of tequila in the bottom. They are attracted to the smell and can’t hold their liquor. If it’s the little tiny ones that almost look like gnats, this is deadly…

My wife puts a little cup of apple cider vinegar next to the sink when we have these. They’re usually gone in a day or two. I like the idea of getting them drunk off tequila though.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Short glass with a shot of tequila in the bottom. They are attracted to the smell and can’t hold their liquor. If it’s the little tiny ones that almost look like gnats, this is deadly…

I have the little black gnat looking things at my house and I can't get rid of them. They're not the fluffy moth looking drain flies. I'm going to have to try this
quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I have the little black gnat looking things at my house and I can't get rid of them. They're not the fluffy moth looking drain flies. I'm going to have to try this
It works. And within hours, you will see them floating in the tequila... I think I used some of the "gold" cuervo or something. Cheap stuff.

Sweet vermouth works well too.

^^^^^^for who???^^^^^^haha!!!:smiley::smiley:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

:smiley: Discovered this trick some time ago when I put a pour spout on the bottle. Worked great until I got to the bottom of the bottle. It was a matter of foreign matter in my drink.

Try “Firefly” vodka, if that doesnt work you may have to break out the big guns, give um Mad dog, if that wont kill um nothing will:smiley:

heard to put apple cider vinegar in glass (half full)…cover with saran wrap…poke holes in wrap with fork…says they will crawl thru holes to get to liquid… btw poke is a southern word

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Poke Salad Penny!:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

heard to put apple cider vinegar in glass (half full)…cover with saran wrap…poke holes in wrap with fork…says they will crawl thru holes to get to liquid… btw poke is a southern word

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Originally I read the saran wrap trick. I tried them both. Without the saran wrap outperformed like 5 to 1.

And you know skinneej, counted each one and double checked and took an average, to count the results[:0]:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

And you know skinneej, counted each one and double checked and took an average, to count the results[:0]:smiley:

I actually did set out 4 glasses. 2 with saran and 2 without. In the end, it was painstakingly obvious who the winner was.

Did you normalize the data and check for any unwanted variables? Same size glass, same detergent used, same amount of liquid to the nearest picoliter? Did you have a control shot of water?

Were your holes of uniformed size? Were they disabled friendly (accommodate fat flies)?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?