Look At This School Of Redfish I Filmed With Drone

This is some footage I got a few weeks ago with my DJI Phantom 2. I had as much fun filming them as I do catching them. They are schooled up pretty tight for summer time. I can’t wait until the winter. Please go to my Youtube channel and subscribe to see many more videos like this. I have a 2 week vacation in Edisto Starting July the 13th so there will be loads of them. Here is the drone video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7XgOqhZchY
And here is a new video I uploaded a few minutes ago of My son, my dad and I having a good fishing day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMRWTFCnkBA&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for looking and I hope everyone enjoys my videos.

Bp

Excellent :sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Great footage. Second looks like a fun family day. Congrats. Subscribed to your channel and FB. Tight Lines, JLee

16’ High Tide Flats (Green) w/Yamaha 90

Youtube gave me a condom commercial on your video that I didn’t recognize. He was on the sand at Miami Beach, so it took me longer than it should have to realize it was a commercial. I was wondering “what the heck??”

Nice work though, and good choice of music. I’ve been thinking of getting a drone or just a standard remote heli for my son and I.

Crazy violet “jellyfish” (glare from the sun) at 2:23, looks just like a moon jelly.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

I saw that thanks.It’s a new group and i plan to try and build it up. I will be fishing Edisto for 2 weeks and I plan on making a guide to learning to fish new areas since it is new to me it will be genuine. I only fished there a few days mainly on one main spot. Thanks again, Brian

Bp

Killer vid dude! How many did you pick off of the school?

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

i haven’t seen that commercial lol. You should get one. They are amazing. I’ve had a bunch and the Phantom 2 is all around the best. For $1000 you can buy one with a very good Gimbal to hold a GoPro. The Gimbal holds the camera steady no matter how much the unit moves. You should also buy 2 batteries @130 each. This is so easy to learn to fly and it is durable enough to take loads of crashes. Use it lots for a few months before flying over water. It really is a blast and worth the money even if you don’t fish but if you fish it is definitely worth it. Let me know if I can help you further.

Bp

StumpNocker, I didn’t fish it yet. It’s an easy spot to be seen. Maybe in the fall.

Bp

Is that local? Nice work… that will be my next toy… ( I mean, tax deductible tool)

Impressive!!!
Next thing you know, they will be inventing a way to jig for the reds from the drone!!!

Awesome video!

Bgf You are exactly right. I don’t let anyone call it a toy (around my wife) haha It was filmed in Beaufort. I will be filming more in Edisto from the 13th till 27 th. if you see a drone flying around there that time good chances I’ve found a school. i bet in the fall when the water is clear and the trout bunch up you can spot them too. We will see.
Sea Tonic There’s a video of a guy that catches a small bream with one. I was going to do it if it wasn’t done yet. These reds would take it down. Would make a great video though but not good for the red.

Bp

quote:
Originally posted by caperman4 Sea Tonic There's a video of a guy that catches a small bream with one. I was going to do it if it wasn't done yet. These reds would take it down. Would make a great video though but not good for the red.

Run some line down with a kite clip set really lightly! :smiley:

(I’m only half joking… do it and post it up!)

If you are looking for lots of large schools around Edisto (north or south), you may be very disappointed. Numbers have been dwindling here over the past 4 years. The schools that used to be in numbers of 200-500 are now down to 25-100 max.

quote:
Originally posted by caperman4

Bgf You are exactly right. I don’t let anyone call it a toy (around my wife) haha It was filmed in Beaufort. I will be filming more in Edisto from the 13th till 27 th. if you see a drone flying around there that time good chances I’ve found a school. i bet in the fall when the water is clear and the trout bunch up you can spot them too. We will see.
Sea Tonic There’s a video of a guy that catches a small bream with one. I was going to do it if it wasn’t done yet. These reds would take it down. Would make a great video though but not good for the red.

Bp

Extra nice video

I will be following you…I don’t need your GPS numbers, just the flight plan… :slight_smile:

I could foresee some fun with longer range drones when setting trolley rigs for kings.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

I would love to go offshore and get into a huge school of anything.

Bp

Caperman, what model drone do you have? I’ve been wanting to get one

2007 Pioneer 17’5 Baysport

2012 Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles”

Here’s my setup. I have a dji phantom 2 (not vision ). Zenmuse gimbal h3-3d
This came as a package on ebay ready to fly for 1000$. Then I added the gopro hero 3+ black
On ebay for $360. ( you can sell the remote that comes with it back on ebay for $$60)
Then I bought the fatshark goggles so you get clear first person view with the drone
Then I bought 5 more batteries @$130 each. And 2 3 bank chargers
The goggles are around 350 and I bought an additional transmitter so I can use it
Between drones. I have also a phantom 1 and a f450 also by dji.
So Basiclly around 2200$. It’s a tax deduction. Now the goggles are good but you
Can’t see the reds as good as you can on the tv so you kinda need to locate them good
. If you don’t want to get all this then at least get the unit and at least one extra battery and the gopro
This way you can still film while you fly. The purpose of the gimbal is to tilt the camera
Up and down and no matter how much the drone moves it stays steady. I may make a video
About this as there had been lots of pm s. Let me know if I can help you any further
I love to help out. Bp

Bp