Look At This School Of Redfish I Filmed With Drone

Fixed

quote:
Originally posted by caperman4

It is my pleasure. I will exploit the whole lowcountry.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by Mugil
quote:
Originally posted by MovingZen

I’ve been thinking of using mine to scout creeks to see if the terrain/water is worth sliding back there to check out with a line.

Because it’s too much work to just go look one day and maybe not catch anything?

Not “worth” the time simply being out there. :roll_eyes:

Not worth the time being out there??? I do believe caperman is “out” there more than most. Also there is no way possible to get the visual poling and looking that an Arial view from that drone has given us.

Very cool.

SPORTSMAN MASTERS 227
HOLY CITY OUTDOORS
WWW.HOLYCITYOUTDOORS.COM

I’m ready to see the videos of the Edisto reds.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MovingZen

I’ve been thinking of using mine to scout creeks to see if the terrain/water is worth sliding back there to check out with a line.

Because it’s too much work to just go look one day and maybe not catch anything?

Not “worth” the time simply being out there. :roll_eyes:

You misunderstood my intentions. I do plenty of exploring. I put my boat in places like this all the time -

Getting out wasn’t easy. But I’ve bounced over logs and tapped what might have been stumps with my prop getting back into areas like that. I mark spots on my own private google map of how far back I get into some of the creeks I explore. A lot of times I go back and don’t fish. Wouldn’t it be nice to know if it’s worth taking the chance of damaging my equipment or getting stuck before I slide back into a place that has two turns and ends? That gives me the ability to find places like this quicker and easier. -

2004 Action Craft 1820
Flats Master SE

Moving Zen, That is a nice boat. I agree with you. If you ever need me to flyover some stuff I’d love to. I plan on flying over most major creeks this winter when the trout quit biting. Mostly around Beaufort. I have a spot that looks like your first pic that producesat least 2 fish 30 minutes after tide starts in. Every time period. Raddaddy, I have to admit I wanted to prove you wrong and I still may one day just because i like the big schools but i couldn’t find any. I saw some fish in one place one day and they were gone the next and the next. I did manage to find a pretty good flat off the cut to Beaufort that had some big fish on it but the conditions weren’t good enough to do the kind of videos i do to see for sure. I will come check it out in the fall. I’ll be posting some more Beaufort and surrounding areas soon. But now I have to go get some work done. I hope you enjoy this video it was pretty darn crazy. http://youtu.be/-JwcPbgkHqo

Bp

Not to beat a dead horse but… you have a trolling motor and a push pole but still damaged your equipment (prop) getting in skinny?

2 turns, a dead end and you get stuck in a flats boat with all the bells and whistles?

Got Stickers? :smiley:

quote:

Anyone else see a downside to this technique of targeting redfish?

No need to push around looking for them anymore, pull up to a flat area, launch the drone, find them, drop the trolling motor, speed over and drop dat hammer.

As if the pressure in our lovely coastal area isn’t enough already and getting worse, now this?

Maybe I’m just Jelly of folks who have all the bells and whistles to make it “easy” and yall can tell me to go pound sand.

Fish have it hard enough already… discuss :question:

[URL=http://s859.photobucket.com/user/ppilihpp/media/B8490A89-F4ED-47A5-B995-122396D52090.png.html]

[/URL]

You can always make money but you cant make time.

BOOM!

Earn it everyday…

quote:
Originally posted by archer

BOOM!

? Was he “taking” fish with the drone? Charging people for the videos? Or maybe riding on it, sitting in a basket hanging underneath it? With in 5 miles of an airport? Ah, he must be a “professional” drone driver then…either way, pretty sure those are N.C. laws? Filmed in Beaufort, S.C by a guy from Ga. using a “model” aircraft, weighing less than 50lbs., with no wepons attached, with in site of the operator, as a hobby?

Come on guys, not again… :dizzy_face: Dug this post up, we MUST be getting bored?

Really, really cool vids caperman4, well done!

Awesome video!! Thanks!

NEVERMIND… I can’t explain myself

69’ Whaler Katama 16.5
86’ Yamaha 115

Man! I just caught the video with that tarpon that (**() near jumped in the boat. That was amazing!! Talk about being in the right place at the right time and then to have the camera rolling is just incredible. Keep em commin!!

NEVERMIND… I can’t explain myself

69’ Whaler Katama 16.5
86’ Yamaha 115