Looking for advice - guy skipped on paying

Long story short, "sold’ a kayak to a forum member here.

he hasn’t paid, made a butt load of promises and excuses, now won’t messages and I can’t find my boat.

What’s my recourse?

Your without a paddle. What’s his alias maybe someone knows him.

Sorry Tommy, I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Do we need to put together a CF posse?
Or just PM Peapod. Hes a hitman.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Name him and Shame him… or her, whichever

I’d give him until the end of the week and then out him. Financial difficulties I think most of us can related to from time to time but, a yak is a luxury item, no one needs a kayak. You did the guy a solid and this is how he repays you. Unless he has had an accident or met with a terrible end, he should do the right thing and get in touch. He should either pay you or return the yak.

I’m with Dave, sic The Pod on his butt if he doesn’t pay up. If nothing else, the rest of us will know him for what he is.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Give him a few days, might be something beyond his control. If he doesn’t square up in a week or so, trash him and we’ll send in the Pea :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Hopefully you got his information before you let him take it. Depending on what the agreement was, you can get the authorities involved. The burden of proof will most likely be on you though. Hope you get it back!!

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

The excuses have been going on for a year. I’ve been chasing him for the past SEVERAL months and just getting more excuses.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

WAAAY too long. I’d go get my yak back.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

A) Let Andy what’s going on
B) Call him out so that no one else gets hurt

Let me guess, he doesn’t have the kayak any more, does he?

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I’m betting that the yak is long gone and that’s the main reason he’s avoiding me.

Don’t do business with CDooley40 / Cyrus Dean Dooley except cash in hand.
I felt sorry for him, long sob story.

Best advice I’ve gotten is hand the info to the cops. Guess that’s part of my day tomorrow

Hmmm, saw where he posted in Feb 2014 that he “finally got a kayak” from Bass Pro. I know things happen that can sometimes change circumstances in someone’s life but, taking something with the promise to pay and then not doing AND keeping the item reeks of deadbeat.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

[quote]Originally posted by Too Busy

Long story short, "sold’ a kayak to a forum member here.

he hasn’t paid, made a butt load of promises and excuses, now won’t messages and I can’t find my boat.

What’s my recourse?

[/quote

It would cost more in time and effort than the boat is worth. Unfortunate, I hope the non-payment has not cause financial hardship on your side. That person owes you, and I hope you collect.

RBF

Magistrates Court isn’t costly. Apparently only useful if the douche hasn’t already skipped the state

Filing papers on him is easy, serving will be more difficult.

Man, you guys trust strangers too much!!! I thought all internet deals were cash only!!!

I see him commenting back with excuses and this becoming like the " End times thread"

17’ Mako

I’ve had similar deals that have gone south over the years, some were even friends. Notice I said “were</font id=“red”> friends”. Anymore it’s COD. If I’m selling it and you want it, show me the cash, otherwise hit the bricks.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

What would Stannis Baratheon do to a thief like this?