Luxury Tow SUV help

2nd place is a really nice vehicle, and we would really be happy with this one. It covered a lot of the basis and did them all really well. No real complaints here other than the wife just didn’t much care for the 3rd row room. It might as well not be there. We only need it for an emergency to carry our kids friends home or out somewhere, but even in an emergency my 10 yo was way too cramped. Forget a small adult fitting. The power, luxury, looks, and tailgate were nice though.

2017 BMW X5 X35i

Total Score: 21

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

My question is, how in hell did you ever pick a wife:question:

1st place ended up being our last test car on the list out of roughly 20+ that we looked at, and it blew us away. I guess we saved the best for last. It excelled over all the others in almost every category. The new interior with the Advance package is really nice. The second row is just as comfortable as the first. Because it’s the same seats and console.

I was a bit concerned with towing at first, but after researching the SH-AWD by ACURA, they have the ability to send 70% RWD power under towing thanks to a torque vectoring coupler. It doesn’t use a Haldex system like so many others that limit you to only 50-50 power transfer.

Safety features are top notch, reliability, mpg, cargo and 3rd row room, and most of all the wife felt most comfortable driving it and loved the looks.

Our local dealer doesn’t have the color combow e want, but their are about 12 within 200 miles so we are just now putting 5 dealers up against each other to get the best price. Hopefully all goes well and the wife has her long waited new ride by this weekend.

2017 Acur MDX SH-AWD Advance

Total Score: 26

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

My question is, how in hell did you ever pick a wife:question:

Picked her up in 8th grade. Knew it the moment I saw her. Had our ups/downs, been split up a few times through college, but been together 25 years, and married approx. 14 years with 2 kids.

This is her car, and she has apologized numerous times for making it so difficult. I would have bought the GX460 the first day I drove it, but it isn’t my car.

I buy what I want, and if it doesn’t work out I sell it and get something else. Boats, cars, guns, golf clubs, etc. She isn’t the same way. Bought a CWP gun and looked for weeks and still has it after 6 years. I change my mind every year about guns. Bought her last car and looked for about 1 month and kept it for 9 years. I am on my 3rd in that same time. Granted I put 25k-30k a year so they wear out a little faster and I always by used since the mileage I put on causes such quick depreciation.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Well, she better keep it clean:smiley:

:smiley: She cuts the grass, takes care of cleaning the house, and cleans out her own car. I just have to keep up the boat, camper, and outside wash/wax of her car and mine.

I’ll let her know Easy said she is own notice though.:wink:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

This thread is still going? Buy a (**() car and move on.

Why do you have a problem with my thread Stunter?

And holy crap, you haven’t posted in ages and you pick this thread to come back from the dead on? Did someone forget to log out of their alias?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115