Lymphoma - UPDATE

After a biopsy on a lymph node in my groin, I was just diagnosed with low grade B cell Lymphoma. I’ve been seeing an oncologist for a few yrs. because of a higher than normal white blood cell count. Other than my lymph nodes swelling, I have no other symptoms. I’m not really worried about it (my wife isn’t handling too well ), but just want to know if anyone else has had this and what to expect. Thanks for any insight.

Dang Bob, really sorry to hear that. I don’t know much about it but hope it is treatable and the prognosis is good. Keep us posted.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Best thing is you got it checked out and caught it early. I’m like Dfreedom… don’t know squat about it. Stay positive and you’ll beat this crap!!

My father in law HAD an advanced non Hodgkin variety 4 years ago. With the treatments he has been cancer free ever since. Glad you caught it early. Prayers!

From what I understand it is treatable but not curable. I’ll know more when I go to the oncologist on Wed. I have always had a positive attitude towards life in general and this is no different.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

praying with you Happy Bob…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

A great attitude goes a long way with healing. Great attitude + listen to your oncologist + prayer = Happy Bob staying happy.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

Bob, Tell those doctors you expect them to help you beat this thing. Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll be praying for you, your family and your doctors.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

Bob, thats bad news! You have my prayers, Good luck on the treatment, keep up informed!

Mr Bob - I’ve been down that road, Non-Hodgkins in my left eye, no fun

B12 - get some 5000 IU gel caps and start taking 15000 - 20000 IU a day, B12 is the fundamental building block of the immune system, get your B12 level tested, if it’s not up around 70 then get it there, it will take a long time but get working on it

my B12 was 17 when I was diagnosed 3.5 years ago, was being treated by a leading NHL expert in Columbia, seems that the solution is always chemo, I refused it, did some radiation therapy and have been symptom free

the goal is to hyper drive your immune system to let it do what it does and rid the body of the cancer, there are other steps that involve education and what you eat, if you are committed to a natural solution PM me and I’ll send you a name that will change your life, she won’t work with you unless you are committed to living a full life

I’m permanent on Lake Murky now, I’d like to meet you and go fishing

Pioneer 197SF

I went to my oncologist yesterday to find out about treatment, etc. She told me I’ve had this for a few years. Also, with the symptoms I’ve had, treatments aren’t needed, as long as I’m feeling good, am without pain, no rapid weight loss or other symptoms. She said the treatments could make me feel worse so why screw anything up.(her words) I’ve been seeing her for a little over 4 yrs. now & I trust her judgment. If things start to go south, we’ll figure out what to do then. My wife was with me to hear the good news and she was very happy & relieved.

Blueskyguy, I’ve been taking a B12 supplement for several years, but next time I go in for labs I’ll be sure to have them check it.

And to everyone else, THANK YOU for all of the support and well wishes.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

Thanks for letting us know Bob, we’ll be thinking about you and your family. Glad to hear that you are doing well considering. Keep us posted.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Glad to see things are looking up. Spoke to you once on phone about some gig boat setup I thought would need some welding. Didn’t end up needing but, you said bring it on.

God Bless you and family!!

NN

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob

I went to my oncologist yesterday to find out about treatment, etc. She told me I’ve had this for a few years. Also, with the symptoms I’ve had, treatments aren’t needed, as long as I’m feeling good, am without pain, no rapid weight loss or other symptoms. She said the treatments could make me feel worse so why screw anything up.(her words) I’ve been seeing her for a little over 4 yrs. now & I trust her judgment. If things start to go south, we’ll figure out what to do then. My wife was with me to hear the good news and she was very happy & relieved.

Blueskyguy, I’ve been taking a B12 supplement for several years, but next time I go in for labs I’ll be sure to have them check it.

And to everyone else, THANK YOU for all of the support and well wishes.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

that’s great news, carry on

Pioneer 197SF

Thats great news…

SAFMC you suck!

Hey Bob, have you ever been around a lot of Round up? There is a big case study and many lawsuits over non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma being associated with Round-up. .

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Hey Bob, have you ever been around a lot of Round up? There is a big case study and many lawsuits over non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma being associated with Round-up. .

Nope. I’ve used it some, but I doubt it’s the cause of my issues. I’d think that welding for the past 35 yrs. or so, may be a contributing factor.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Nope. I’ve used it some, but I doubt it’s the cause of my issues. I’d think that welding for the past 35 yrs. or so, may be a contributing factor.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

Gotcha, I just watched an ad about it and figured I’d throw it out there. I think most every American has been around Round up at some time or another.

I had a safety seminar a few years ago and what’s scary is the types of paint and anti- corrosion materials used on many metals from overseas. Then to top it off as they burn the smoke breathed in can be devastating. SO… as you know not good for welder/fabricators working on a variety of metals and various equipment. Sure you get our work area down to clean metal but as we both know heat transfers and you are going to breath a lot of the nearby stuff burning off. One of the guys at the seminar said to use a fan to blow away the smoke, I asked him if he had ever tried mig welding in the wind. :smiley:

Again, Good look with your treatments to get this thing whooped.

quote:
Originally posted by Blueskyguy

Mr Bob - I’ve been down that road, Non-Hodgkins in my left eye, no fun

B12 - get some 5000 IU gel caps and start taking 15000 - 20000 IU a day, B12 is the fundamental building block of the immune system, get your B12 level tested, if it’s not up around 70 then get it there, it will take a long time but get working on it

my B12 was 17 when I was diagnosed 3.5 years ago, was being treated by a leading NHL expert in Columbia, seems that the solution is always chemo, I refused it, did some radiation therapy and have been symptom free

the goal is to hyper drive your immune system to let it do what it does and rid the body of the cancer, there are other steps that involve education and what you eat, if you are committed to a natural solution PM me and I’ll send you a name that will change your life, she won’t work with you unless you are committed to living a full life

I’m permanent on Lake Murky now, I’d like to meet you and go fishing

Pioneer 197SF

Mr Bob - i’m so dumb. I meant to say D3 not B12.

Pioneer 197SF