MAD Chas 2016 - Operation "Sandspike"

one update to the Morris Island Cart Captains:

due to erosion, the boat shuttle will have to drop everyone on the backside of the point. the rocks will be about 30 minute walk from the point, but you’ll have troops that can pull a cart for you…

the walk is really not much different than riding a boat for 30 minutes.

thank you for your support.

Gene Morrison
Military Appreciation Day, Inc
Charleston Chapter Pres.

Are we going to be on the north end of the island?

yes, the north end. i wish i could get you down to the light house end.

Gene Morrison
Military Appreciation Day, Inc
Charleston Chapter Pres.

sounds good. thanks.

The folks from MAD (Military Appreciation Day) are still looking for a few more people to join the surf/ pier trip. If you haven’t heard about this, its fishing with soldiers. The organization pairs up fisherman with soldiers for a day of fun. It allows us to show our men and women that serve our country a good time and let them know we appreciate them, and care about them. Regarding the surf fishing trip, volunteer fisherman will board a ferry boat at a landing. They will then be transported to a local barrier island, called Morris Island. From there we will work together and do our best to show the soldiers a good time and take them fishing. Other than that, all people have to do is register and show up to a brief Captains meeting which will be held the night before. So they can pick up fishing license waivers for the soldiers. They will also go over a few rules. The event will be held the following morning. The fishermen will be responsible for all their gear, bait and tackle. It’s really simple, join us and take a soldier fishing.It should be allot of fun and well worth our efforts. We just need a couple more responsible folks to make this happen. If anyone is interested they can click on the MAD site under" Gailwins" thats posted above, to find out more information. They can also PM Gail or myself with any questions regarding this worth while event. Join us!

I signed up on the site awaiting ■■■■■■■■

Thank you so much Jarvis, look forward to fishing with you Sir.:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by jarvis

I signed up on the site awaiting ■■■■■■■■

We are now in the logistical phase of pairing soldiers with captains, you should hear from one of us soon. Again, Thank-you for your support!!

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org