MAD Chas 2016 - Operation "Sandspike"

thank you “cart captains” for your support.

I have found transportation for 6 “cart captains” and troops this year to Morris Island aboard the “Island Scout”. Captain Howie’s runs Adventure Harbor Tours out of Ripley Marina. he wanted to help last year but didn’t know how.

just as on boats, the cart captains will need to attend the captain’s meeting in order to pickup the " fishing license waiver" issued by DNR.

I realize that our event Nov. 12 is a few months away, but planning has started.

if you any questions, shoot me a message…

thank you again for supporting our Troops.

Mr. Morrison, thank you for giving us the opportunity to get involved and to take the troops fishing, they deserve a day of fun. You can absolutely count me in on this fishing expedition it sounds like allot of fun and Im willing to help in any way I can. Thanks, Pete.

Count me in as well. Hope to provide the guys with some quality fishing in the sand and sun!

A barrier Island…in November…in the low country? Could be very fun.

Can hardly wait! Feels good to be able to contribute.

And from me also, thanks Mr. Morrison for the opportunity.

“There’s a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot.”

That’s pretty cool guys! If I wasn’t still learning myself I’d be up for it :slight_smile: have fun gents!

Papa a good heart and a good attitude goes a long way. They are looking for dedicated ,responsible folks that want to show the troops a good time. If this is something your interested in, I suggest you pursue it. You may just surprise yourself, don’t sell yourself short.:smiley:

^^^^^^ Roger that x10 Pete !^^^^^^^

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

well then hey sign me up :slight_smile: haha Not sure how good of a “captain” I can be but I’m ready and willing to help out. Those guys and gals deserve way more than I could ever show for what they do :slight_smile:

I would also love to participate! Will be a lot of fun. Count me in…if there are still spots available.

I was also wondering if donations are being taken?

Walkman; Appreciate you wanting to help out in any way, keep watching
CF for posts about the upcoming Charleston MAD event lots of info still to come !!! The surf/pier event is a first time event for the chapter with much more to learn and do, glad you’re interested in helping there…
All support and donations are greatly needed and appreciated ,
to make a donation to MAD visit the link</font id=“red”> listed below and go to
Charleston chapter ; donate ;it’ll tell you how…
If you have any questions , shoot me a message…

George McDonald (aka)Gail Wins
Military Appreciation Day , inc
Charleston Chapter board member

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

update:
“Pier Captains” now needed for Mt. Pleasant & Folly Piers.

CCPRC will let a paying “Pier Captain” bring Troops without paying. we will probably assign 2 troops per “Pier Captain”. the Troops will have a fishing license waiver, so don’t worry about that.

i will re-post about this closer to event time (Nov. 12).

please go to our web site for more info:
militaryappreciationday.org
thank you for supporting the military Troops.
Gene Morrison
Charleston Chapter Pres.

Gene Morrison
Military Appreciation Day, Inc
Charleston Chapter Pres.

glad to see good surf fishing reports. we’ll be opening captain registration soon (by the end of the month).

we may be able to get 10 cart captains to Morris Island on the “Charleston Explorer”.

don’t forget, you’ll need to attend the Captains meeting Nov. 11 to pick up the fishing license waiver for the troops.

thank you for your support.

Gene Morrison
Military Appreciation Day, Inc
Charleston Chapter Pres.

I’m still with ya Marsh Wabbit, sounds like a fun a worth while cause:smiley:

I’m still in as well, will be a fun trip. :smiley:

im also a go :slight_smile: Will be a great day!

I am going to be out of town that weekend, but can lend my beach cart and surf rods, reels, if they are needed.

Jack Taylor

Hey, I’m willing to help out also. So just let me know what it is, cart captain, bait man, I have gear.

I will say all I can contribute as a captain or helper of any sort is three rods. But they can handle basically any fish hall get on them from the surf

Noob here what is this event? Is there a link? Sounds intresting

Firehog;
Thanks for asking, I won’t try to tell the whole story but it’s the best organization you could ever hope to associate with.
MAD = Military Appreciation Day is a group dedicated to taking our nations heros out for a day of fishing,fun,and eats…
Please visit the link in my signature banner and read the history of MAD , it tells how it came about , read to your hearts content,look at the pics , words can’t tell the whole story… Charleston MAD event is Nov 11-12 would love to have you participate…
PM me if you have specific questions…

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston

author unknown