Male Dog Names - BUSTER IT IS!!

Well, adopting another dog this weekend. Our previous rescue is a female boxer / pitt bull mix, and she’s turning 10 in a couple of months. She’s bored…so we have decided it’s time.

SO…here’s Barney (not a fan!), a pitt bull mix of unknown origins. We are adopting him from a local rescue service, and pick him up on Saturday.

I’ve always let the dog’s personality drive the name, but I want to get a jump on some ideas for this little guy.

We’d like to keep it simple, I believe dogs respond better to one or two syllable names. We also want the name to be tough or strong. Of course guns or fishing or airplanes or cars or something similar would be awesome inspiration.

We’re considering:
Titan
Ronin
Atlas
Loki - probably not, as he was the Norse god of mischief and evil!
Tank
Dozer
Crash
Gunner

Any suggestions from the hive here at CF?

Beautiful pup. How about Thunder, grey like a storm, or blue for those piercing blue eyes.

We just got a new Springer Spaniel pup a few weeks ago, female. My daughter decided on Josephine, but we call her Josie to keep it short. I thought it would also be a great name for a male dog as well, just spell it Josey, as in the outlaw Josey Wales.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Bob

Before naming a dog, I would stick my head out the door and yell whatever name I was thinking about. Does it sound stupid, does it roll off your tongue?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Killer

quote:
I believe dogs respond better to one or two syllable names.

Me too! The simpler the better. You’re going to call it about a million times :smiley:

Sturdy looking pup and good on you for the rescue.

I like Thunder. That’s good. Dog works too. That’s what I call mine most of the time. He answers to that just fine. He was a rescue too and came with the name of Sugarcane. Who would name a dog that :question: So he’s either dog, or Cane and will answer to either.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Before naming a dog, I would stick my head out the door and yell whatever name I was thinking about. Does it sound stupid, does it roll off your tongue?

Dang good advice right there, because you will holler it 100,000 times :smiley: And your neighbors will have to listen to it too.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’ve always thought it would be funny to give a dog a very stereotypical human name. “This is my dog, William”

Might as well name him Dammit. That’s what my dog used to get called 99% of the time.

Dammit, let that go!
Dammit, he chewed up my shoe
Stop barking Dammit

You get the idea

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Remus

Frank

Tank

Luke

Duke

Don

Jewel

Kinky

Sox

Big Toe Pete or Pete for short

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Yea I kind of like Pete.:smiley: Just throwing out Storm or Gray too.

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

Might as well name him Dammit. That’s what my dog used to get called 99% of the time.

Dammit, let that go!
Stop barking Dammit

You get the idea

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Biscuit thinks she has two names…Dammit Biscuit, stop doing this or that…

how about Schnozzle? cause he looks like he stuck his schnozzle (what the wife calls the dog’s nose) in the dirt…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

Dammit, let that go!
Stop barking Dammit

You get the idea

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Biscuit thinks she has two names…Dammit Biscuit, stop doing this or that…

how about Schnozzle? cause he looks like he stuck his schnozzle (what the wife calls the dog’s nose) in the dirt…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

This made me think of Dirk Diggler

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

gunner(friend has a dog named this and I love it)

Lucky

Buddy

Patches ( over his eyes :))

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Blue " I had a dog and his name was Blue and I’ll betcha five dollars he was a good dog to." Old country song, I cannot remember who sang it

Chilie then you would have your own Chilie Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuQDqnMebk

He looks like a “Spud” to me.

or Pickles

j

Don’t name him Bubba! You start yelling Bubba, come here and 30 rednecks in pickups, will show up in your driveway!

Oreo