Memorial Day

Thank you to all who have served, and thank you to those who are currently serving this great country.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

You beat me to it Bob. Thanks to every Vet, past present and future, and to their families. Freedom isn’t free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqOaOwIeP58

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Thank you to the men and women who have and are serving our country. All gave some, some gave all. God bless America!

17’ Islander,
60hp Evinrude

Our current military men and women could never receive the thanks they deserve but make no mistake, Memorial Day is not about them. Memorial Day is a day dedicated to the men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice. All gave some,some gave all…yes, but today is about the “some” that gave all. Mourn not the great people that sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Instead celebrate the fact that such great people lived.

Brew, Tops, Ski… I love you, my brothers and I miss you. I sleep soundly knowing you still stand the watch; only from a higher ground now. Until we meet again…Non Sibi Sed Patriae.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

Our current military men and women could never receive the thanks they deserve but make no mistake, Memorial Day is not about them. Memorial Day is a day dedicated to the men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice. All gave some,some gave all…yes, but today is about the “some” that gave all. Mourn not the great people that sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Instead celebrate the fact that such great people lived.

Brew, Tops, Ski… I love you, my brothers and I miss you. I sleep soundly knowing you still stand the watch; only from a higher ground now. Until we meet again…Non Sibi Sed Patriae.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

Bella Detesta Matribus…

RBF

Freedom isn’t Free</font id=“size4”></font id=“red”>
Remember the only two that offered and died for you , Christ for your
sins and the American soldier for you freedoms!!! We will never repay
these debts…By rememberance we can try!!!

Thanks to all, who have and still serve ,and a heartfelt thanks to
those who ;GAVE IT ALL!!!</font id=“size3”>

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

Bella Detesta Matribus…

RBF

Amen brother

Well said all of you. I was working in Myrtle Beach this weekend and happened to be present at a parade/ceremony for military vets. There were vets from WW II and up. I was truly humbled when one of them thanked me for my service. I truly did not feel worthy of his thanks when I thought about what he and others must have gone through. I also met a man that served at the same place/time as my Dad in Vietnam. Had a real nice conversation with him. Made me wish I had talked with my Dad more about his experiences.

Thanks for posting this Bob.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Dfreedom; I know what you mean about wishing you had more talks with
your dad about his experiences but stop to think; he may not have
wanted to talk about some of what he went through. I can still to
this day hear my dad in the middle of the night screeming at some
night mare he was having, as a youngster I didn’t really understand
until …

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Among the 20 residents that I care for at our local v.a. Hospital(long term care /hospice floor) we have four World War Two vets! What a blessing to care for all of the residents in PATRIOTS HARBOR…my unit… I wish I could share some of their stories. They fill my life with laughter daily. I keep teasing them and telling them I’m going to put foot pegs on the back of their electric wheelchairs so they can just ride me around the unit as I work ;). They are family to me. It’s amazing how much a smile and a little time means to these folks…so next time you see someone like “my guys” tell them how much they mean to us!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Isn’t veteran’s say about who serves and memorial day about those who actually gave their lives? It seems awkward (almost disrespectful) to me to thank those who serve\served when the day is about a moment of remembrance to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just a thought…

quote:
Dfreedom; I know what you mean about wishing you had more talks with your dad about his experiences but stop to think; he may not have wanted to talk about some of what he went through. I can still to this day hear my dad in the middle of the night screeming at some night mare he was having, as a youngster I didn't really understand until

My Dad spent 4 years in North Africa and 2 in Korea. He never would talk about it when I asked him to.

After Vietnam, I could never talk about what I did with anyone who wasn’t there. I’ve never been able to talk about it with my son or my wife. Or almost anybody else. My son doesn’t need to carry my nightmares and my wife doesn’t need to know any of it. I did what I had to do, details are better left buried in the closet.

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Isn't veteran's say about who serves and memorial day about those who actually gave their lives? It seems awkward (almost disrespectful) to me to thank those who serve\served when the day is about a moment of remembrance to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just a thought...

My thought, they are standing by, ready and willing to give the sacrifice. Thank them once while you still can. It’s hard to thank them afterward.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Isn't veteran's say about who serves and memorial day about those who actually gave their lives? It seems awkward (almost disrespectful) to me to thank those who serve\served when the day is about a moment of remembrance to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just a thought...

My thought, they are standing by, ready and willing to give the sacrifice. Thank them once while you still can. It’s hard to thank them afterward.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

Isn't that what Veteran's day is for?

My point is not that you shouldn’t thank military. My point is that it seems that the entire point of Memorial day is being lost. Instead of having a day to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, we turned it into another Veteran’s day.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Isn’t veteran’s say about who serves and memorial day about those who actually gave their lives? It seems awkward (almost disrespectful) to me to thank those who serve\served when the day is about a moment of remembrance to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just a thought…

I guess it’s up to each person as to what they do…but I always make a effort to thank anyone who serves or has served for their service…and while yes I guess if you want to differentiate between the two (Veterans Day and Memorial Day) that’s a personal choice too…I kinda look at it this way…for instance…my vets who I serve are mostly mid 70’s to 97 year old…so yes I thank them for serving while they are still here to do so…but also as a way of letting them know that I appreciate all they did…and feel sad for the friends, family and fella soldiers they knew who did not come home.
I don’t think you need a “certain day” to do this…and again…i guess it’s a individual decision.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I see both points. Sure, it’s ok to thank a veteran any day, but if you do on this day, be sure to also acknowledge the ones who paid the ultimate price. After all, it is their day. Too many have confused the two holidays, and neglect to pay homage to those deserving.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I see both points. Sure, it’s ok to thank a veteran any day, but if you do on this day, be sure to also acknowledge the ones who paid the ultimate price. After all, it is their day. Too many have confused the two holidays, and neglect to pay homage to those deserving.

Yes. That is what I am trying to say!

To my fallen Brothers of 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division. Your country can never repay you for what you have given for their freedom.

It’s not a matter of whether someone wants to differentiate between Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day. They are two different holidays. It’s that simple. There aren’t “points of views” or “two sides” to this issue.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Isn’t veteran’s say about who serves and memorial day about those who actually gave their lives? It seems awkward (almost disrespectful)</font id=“red”> to me to thank those who serve\served when the day is about a moment of remembrance to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just a thought…

skinneej, I meant no disrespect. I just wanted to thank those who served, dead or alive.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069