"Must Have" Grill Accessories

My sister, like most of my older family members is a PITA to buy gifts for. Her boyfriend bought her a new Webber Grill so I was thinking maybe some kind of grill accessory. I figured I’d poll the CF brain trust (not you Pea). What is your “must have” grill accessory?

Thanks

A good set of long-handled tongs and a good scrub brush or stone.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Get one of those LED flashlights that clamps to the grill’s lid and shines inside the grill when you open the grill. I got one of those and it has really come in handy.

seconded on the tongs + brush/stone - i use mine all the time.

alternatively, webers have like a zillion accessories you could get - pizza stones, etc.

if it was me I would get a pair of pork butts and ask what time they will be done

Wife got me this neat scrubber brush. You fill it with water, then open the petcock, it sprinkles out while you clean your grill before cooking. Works really good. Not sure where it came from?

If cooking butts or whole loins, this is really nice. Have this one for my Kamado.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GE77QT0/ref=asc_df_B01GE77QT05300985/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B01GE77QT0&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198091107028&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16350802919857261652&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011139&hvtargid=pla-379519116602

NN

DF, just buy her a Grilling Cook Book!:wink:

If she doesn’t have a charcoal chimney and starter cubes, get those. I’ll never go back to that stinky old charcoal starter fluid.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

Oh yeah I second the Chimney it is a wonderful thing. Couple pieces of newspaper and presto hot coals.

Chimney, good brush, long thongs, grilling weights/presses. Are all must haves to me. Cook books and lights are gifts I’ve received and never used.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Chimney, good brush, long thongs, grilling weights/presses. Are all must haves to me. Cook books and lights are gifts I’ve received and never used.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

All good ideas except the “thongs”. I like them tight.

Good catch, 7cs:smiley::smiley::smiley:

They sell some version of this for every thing you could imagine. Does she have a favorite team or something?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Lot’s of good ideas. Thanks folks!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

As far as the tongs go, I would suggest the scissors style and not the squeeze together kind, especially if it is for a lady since they don’t have that manly grip.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

23, use the small end, more than the big end, and everything that comes off the grill will taste great!:wink::smiley:

Rubs for different meats
Something to light her fire with
Beer can chicken holder
Bear Claws for tearing butts apart
A catchy apron or T-shirt that says something like “I Like Big Butts and I cannot lie”
A thermometer of some sort
Gift Card to a fancy butcher shop so she can pick something out to cook
A bag of whatever kind of charcoal. FOGO for the egg is $30 per bag

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by Long Enuff

As far as the tongs go, I would suggest the scissors style and not the squeeze together kind, especially if it is for a lady since they don’t have that manly grip.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

That’s why I would go with longer tongs. You’re only looking to manipulate the food, not squish it. Longer handles = Mechanical advantage over the “scissor-style” tongs. Plus, regular tongs have a larger grasping surface area than the scissor-style. There’s a reason you don’t see restaurants/chefs using scissor-style tongs anymore. They found a better widget.

These are my “go-to’s”…
https://www.oxo.com/products/cooking-baking/tongs/gg-16-tongs

I also have a 9" pair. I use the 16" for the grill because of the greater length gives more leverage and it’s long enough to keep your hands away from the direct heat of the grill.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Back in the 60’s my dad made a charcoal chimney out of a coffee can, it worked great grabbed it with channel lock pliers once the coals heated up. Our lawn mower did not have a recoil starter rope you had to wrap the rope around the flywheel for every pull. Simpler times

There ya go, DF! Get her a coffee can and some channel lock pliers. That’ll make one hell of a Christmas gift for that PITA person on your list.

“…be a man and PM me.”