My fubar day at Walmart getting boat tires

I know…I know…Walmart…gave me fubar day today.

We decided to run our boat up to my sister in law’s house in Taylors…they have a giant field next to the house and a CAT 3-4 could do serious damage as far as Columbia. But to run the boat up the state, we needed new tires. Walmart had a good price, figured how hard could it be to slap 2 tires on a boat and scoot. I left the house around 11:00am and got to Walmart with the boat in tow.

Got the tire counter - Nope…we don’t have your tires. We bought them online last night, your site said you had 'em in stock. It was suggested we check with Customer Pick Up. Went there…waited. Someone finally came to help. She went to the tire dept and found our tires and brought them to us.

We took the tires back to the tire dept and they checked us in but said it might be 2-3 hours, they were short handed and had a bunch a cars ahead.

At 2pm they had me back the boat into a bay. 3pm they hadn’t touched the boat. I told the clerk I was on a big schedule, drive to Greenville, then to North Georgia. She said I was next.

Finally a dude starts jacking up my boat. He removed 4 lugs off one tire…the 5th would not come off, the lug would spin. That one wasn’t coming off. I asked the guy if he had a nut buster tool and he said “what’s that”. He asked the other tire guy and he said what’s that. I told them I’d go to an auto parts store and get one and suggested they go ahead and change the other tire while I was gone.

I disconnected the boat from the truck and took off to the nearest parts store. I went inside and asked guy if he had a nut buster tool and he said “what’s that.” I showed him a picture on my phone and said “Oh…I’ve heard of those…we dont’ have any.”

I drove to the next auto parts store. Went inside and asked the clerk and she said “yes…right here”. I bought it and took it back to Walmart.

Got back to Walmart and they had not even touched the other tire. I showed the guy my nut busting tool and said, I’ve never used one,

Oh boy.

God bless you! Better there than on the road! Good luck, PM me if you need help in the upstate!

I wanted to write a smarta$$ post belittling your decision. But the little total recall, never forgets a syllable thing with big boobs reminded me of a similar decision I made. Dammit

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I wanted to write a smarta$$ post belittling your decision. But the little total recall, never forgets a syllable thing with big boobs reminded me of a similar decision I made. Dammit
“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

:smiley: Thanks for the morning laff PP

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

LMAO , all the while thinking ,been there before too ;;;sounds like another group that expects $15.00 an hr…Yea righT !!!:wink:

Will never use wallymart tire or service center. Had em put on a set of front tires on a truck due to front end out of alignment and they had best price. Went back a few months later for two more for rear and they would not install the same tires. They said they were not load rated for my truck. Told them they put on the front. They said they did not. I pulled receipt out of glove box and told them I wanted my money back for the first set if they would not install rear tires Long story short I threatened legal action for selling me unsafe tires. Got a complete different set at a fair price Will not do business again with them.

To top it off technician used a torque wrench on lug nuts. When he thought he was close he snatch super hard and fast to get it to “click”. I stopped him and asked what the $&@& he was doing and he tried to explain to me how that was the proper method to use on a torque wrench. Which to anyone that has never used one it is not. Far from it. You get what you pay for.

“Why Bruce?”

I bought some tires from wallyworld in June for my boat. I had a great experience, but it was in Lexington, and I just took my tires off the boat at home and took them to the store. Was in and out in about an hour.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

wanna impress me TF? do it again at a different store.

if the big blue store near my house had semi competent staff in the tire shop, they’d print money like CaptFritz during July bullred jetty season.

half the town already goes to the store for groceries. the soccer moms could drop their SUV off for an oil change, get groceries, and get the car back in an hour.

as smart as they are with groceries, they’re clueless on the tire/oil/garage dept.

oh yeah, and if you wanna be educated on wally, get VinMan back on here. he knows stuff.

You guys don’t do it right! You tell the wife it’s time for a new boat and you get new tires with the new trailer! Where on the boat, do you mount these boat tires:question::smiley:

I 100% expected some comments about using Wal-Mart. My wife got the previous 2 boat tires swapped and balanced in 30 minutes (rims off the boat already, mind you.)

Next time…she’s getting the tires again.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Well, since you appear to be begging for it, I figure anyone who uses a trailer to simply keep the boat off the ground, then depends on walmart to make it mobile during a crisis is an idiot.

Sorry. sman and I have been drinking, and I had to go get ammodium for peapod.

Welp there it is. Y’all were smartasses before the drinking started

I think idiot is a little harsh. Comeon man!

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

My bad Claim. I misjudged the degree of flogging you were looking for.

You need a drink

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

You need a drink

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Youre right. I was going to lay off tonight, but WTH. Thanks buddy.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

My bad Claim. I misjudged the degree of flogging you were looking for.

:smiley:

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

7 how much liquor would you say went down at your place this week? No need to break it down between white and brown. Ballpark it for ole Peapod.