My Garden Today

Yeah about last night

i saw a pic of botany from this morning looked like it monsooned down there last night

sucks when it pours hard water, that’ll take out a garden quick

1 Like

Did you look at :point_up: that upstate cat wondering what you thought it was

i ain’t no feline expert, but that looks like a big cat!

I’m confused by the expert input, it seems like a pact to deny that it could even BE a cougar, regardless of whether it was a pet trade release or something. the whole “it’s not big enough to be a big cat” is spurious because it’s obviously not a frigging bobcat. what else looks like that?

they make a big deal of saying there are no breeding pairs around, but to be scientific about the unknown, it should be stated that there are no KNOWN breeding pairs in SC or even nearby. curious about the blanket denial and lack of objectivity… but it is a mainstream news piece, i’ve been misquoted before too.

I saw a Mt. Lion in Pickens, off hwy. 11, while working in one of the Cliff’s properties, several years ago.

WYFF featured another siting, of a black one, near Mauldin, a while back.

People saw that one for several days in a row.

One was killed several years ago around Mackie Point/ Cosawhatchie area. Old boy keep it very quiet because he thought he would get into trouble. He’s never seen another one. Probably a lone male that came out of Florida. ?

It was so easy as a kid to believe all you heard from the different “grown ups”. Now we have so many Trail cameras out, hard to believe we could have anything but a wandering stray in our area.

When I was working in Seneca. The wife would get up at zero dark 30 and go to the Pickens flea market. She’s scene a big cat one morning.

Worked in Clinton about 15 years ago.
One of the local rednecks that I hired his dad had killed one. And had it skinned out.

2 Likes

Ive seen this one below the house for a couple years, get her on camera sporadically.

I could have shot (at?) her a couple times, had her in the crosshairs on the woods edge sunning , and let her catnap. So far shes not cost me a nickle unlike that darn fox thats eaten all my ducks. Hes on my short list…

Still eating last years spuds, after planting Ive got about a bushel left in the cellar

Some for company this weekend

Made a pie and had some leftovers

1 Like

Looks like I may need some fertilizer and 7dust on my roses, but they’re trying…

1 Like

Care to expand?

Looks like some good eats!

just a common bob Kitty… Did you ever see the pic 23sails posted on the momma and babies on his property? Pretty cool stuff. What he posted was a first for me and several others I showed it to.

It’s just babies crying in the woods…

…kept me from falling asleep in the tree stand.

As a young kid walking out the woods in the dark that will scare the bejeebers out of you!

2 Likes

Best cucumber year I’ve ever had. I’m giving them away

My GPS took me through the boonies in a little while ago. Think I heard banjos.
Went by a couple houses. They had absolutely incredible looking gardens.

Yes sir… best I think I’ve had in my life on cucumbers and squash… It’s been a crazy cool spring… so far. I pick cucumbers and then my wife goes behind me and finds even more! I’ve thrown more away than ever… giving them to anyone willing to get them. Vines are finally starting to yellow… Wife’s cherry tomatoes are off the chain.

She found some masson jars at the new dollar General at Snyders and has done several jars of pickles… sweet and dill.

1 Like

that pie looks MMMMMMMMMMM

I think my wife had a tear in her eye… We got just a tad over 3" of rain and a couple good bursts of wind. This is one of the plants that blew over.

Went Saturday to get some peanuts from Bentons and they had sold out… Wife said I think we have some from last year… Yep!