My Garden Today

My buddy picked up a bushel last Friday, sold as jumbo whites… not complaining for getting red skins, except a Charleston wholesale bushel is now $70!

Love to get some red peanuts.

1 Like

Keep an eye out at Benton’s at snyders… They should be getting more of the spanish in from Florida.

I’ll call up there to check. Thanks, I been thinking about Bentons. Breland’s had some kinda small white p-nuts friday.

Hey Fred,
From Benton’s Facebook

their phone’s busy

Sometimes those zuchinis hide from you until it’s too late

1 Like

Put them by the watermellons and maybe bambi will stomp those first and move on

Maybe, but probably not.

zucchini casserole !

Most importantly, my okra have started producing. I think I’m going to plant more. I freaking love okra!

The pumpkins are starting to grow well too.

You are going to be doing some driving! Once that okra starts it’s a daily labor of love picking it. On that Zucchini, the big ones work really good for bread or to cube up and stew with tomatoes, cellery, and onion. + whatever else you want to throw in.

Looks good Ricky. Okra, fried I hope?

What to do with habanero peppers? I’ve had a little fun with em, but most people are smart enough not to eat one. I tried one and burnt my mouth up and it hadn’t even turned orange and just a tiny bite. Bush is loaded.

On to the next pepper. A Carolina Reaper, I thinking maybe a bug has his mouth on fire from eating a hole in this pepper? I don’t know why I bothered to grow this. Maybe I can get someone to try it?

1 Like

Last year the bugs chewed on my Carolina reapers pretty bad.
Never thought they would.

You can make some hot vinegar or freeze some to make some hot water to spray on anything that you don’t want chewed on.Deer and rabbits don’t like it,rats neither!

Didn’t think about that. thanks. I like hot stuff, but this is insane. I want to see someone eat one of the reapers. Even our resident Mexican won’t touch em.

Squirrels been eating the flowers off wife’s squash plants.
She sprinkled cinnamon on them. They won’t go near them now.

1 Like

I keepthinkingthe squash is done but it keeps producing every week.

And my pumpkins are looking good so far. We’ll see!

Man look at that weed free garden!!! woo hoo, nice! Pro tip I learned many moons ago. Never look back when your plowing! If you think you need to look back, come to a complete stop . Just messing with ya on the left vs the right.

Red birds had a fiest on my sunflowers! That a big head.

Looking good Ricky. I can’t believe the deer aren’t feasting on your garden.