My Garden Today

Since it hit 1,000 degrees, I wouldn’t say they’re doing great

We enjoyed the heck out of them, called em Tennessee Heirloom and gave away a few dozen small plants too.

I saved seed, assume they are good to try a fall planting with no cold conditioning?

They should be good, if not i know where theres a jar full

My flowers love this heat

Beautiful flowers, where are you located? Can’t be anywhere near the coast or mid state with the heat we are having. Was just searching for some gardening tips and found this place.

North Carolina mountains

One of my pumpkins got too heavy and broke off the vine. Hopefully it lasts. Plenty more on the vine but they are getting sizable now…

1 Like

1 Like

I pulled my last zuchini on Saturday. My squash are done for the year. I have some okra hanging on by a thin line, but they are pretty much done too.

Crossing my fingers on my pumpkins!

1 Like

Y’all should have had a little farmer’s market.

nice. I really wish i had a bigger garden. gonna get going on that at some point.

Nice stand of crab grass and spurge you got there!

Don’t let it go to seed, you will regret.

Otherwise looks good :v:t5:

What you call spurge I call purslane.

I know stuff

Plus, its already gone to seed years ago and you are right about being sorry.

It can lay dormant 10 years you know.

The folks at the chinese restaurants in town love it, so theres that.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

I see some oxhearts in that box

graveled kennebecs and a flat dutch

Harvesting some now due to some of my pumpkins starting to get bugs and rot. Storing them in a cool dry place is the trick I’m told. We will see. Maybe the wife just decorates for fall a little early this year.

Took a dozen off the vine today. Several already had bug holes. I tossed those.

1 Like

Plenty more in the patch along with some volunteer sunflowers from last season. I’ll have this pumpkin thing figured out in a couple of years!

1 Like