My new (to me) boat

I got this Lund 16’ last week. 1987 model with an '87 Mercury 45hp. I’d been looking for a v-hull so I wouldn’t get beat to death as bad on Lake Murray. It needs some tlc but it runs good and no leaks that I know of. The only real problem is that the trim & tilt doesn’t work. I’ve gone thru & cleaned up the wiring. I can get the solenoids to click, but the pump motor won’t spin. I tried bypassing the solenoids and still nothing. So I’m guessing I need a new motor. Does anyone have suggestions on getting a remanufactured or used motor/pump set up? I can get a new one, but I’m trying to avoid spending $695.00 or more for it. My funds are pretty tight right now.
I’m also looking for a inexpensive trolling motor for it. Bow mount with tiller steering or a transom mount with tiller.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

hey Bob/ looks like a pretty good boat. i am guessing that you got a good buy on it. hopefully you can find the tilt/trim reasonable. you might want to check with mike up on e378 toward the circle. he has bunches of old boats and motors up there.

Try replacing the relays… about 12 bucks at West Marine… Those are the first places to start. It will still click with bad relays…

Good looking vessel though!

j

17 Malibu CC
88 'rude

I think I have one of those pumps in my garage, I’ll get back to you.

You’re going to slay the walleye.:smiley:

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

You’re going to slay the walleye.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

:smiley::smiley:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

quote:
Originally posted by SCOOBIE

If you do… do you know if it works and if it does, do you want to sell it?

I just tried testing the motor straight to the battery and nothing. I’m assuming the motor is shot.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob
quote:

If you do… do you know if it works and if it does, do you want to sell it?

I just tried testing the motor straight to the battery and nothing. I’m assuming the motor is shot.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

It was working when it was pulled. What is your email address, I’ll send you a pic. If you can come to Charleston and get it, it’s yours.

SCOOBIE,
I sent you PM with my email address.
Thanks, Bob

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Looks like a good boat for the lake Bob. Good luck with it!

My son in Charleston will be coming up next weekend. Give me a call if you need him to pick up the pump from scoobie and bring it up with him.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Happy Bob, I have a Minn Kota transom mount trolling motor that I’ll give you … we can work something out later for one of the projects we’ve previously discussed …

I’ll get you the details (length, thrust, etc.,) when I get home, but I’m pretty sure it’s at least a 40# but more likely the 45# thrust with a 36" shaft … I think it has 5 speeds not including reverse and the handle is telescoping … at least it won’t cost you any $$$ to get you running …

I put in the back of my boat as a gag … Here’s a pic of it … only been used a couple of times on a canoe down South … I checked it out last summer and runs perfectly …

… it’s my Wife’s fault we HAVE to fish !!!

2005 Sea Pro 2100cc / Yamaha 150hp 4-Stroke

Tim and Rick I’ll take you both up on your offers. Tim, I’ll get the address info from SCOOBIE and get it to you.

Rick, that sounds awesome! When can we get together?

You guys are great!

Thanks, Bob

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Bob, our emails don’t like each other and now photobucket isn’t working so I can’t post a pic here. PM me your # and I’ll text you a picture.

quote:

Whenever you want, just not this evening … wedding anniversary today and taking Liz out to dinner …

I live in Lexington off 378 by Hall Mark Shores … You?

quote:

Bob, our emails don’t like each other and now photobucket isn’t working so I can’t post a pic here. PM me your # and I’ll text you a picture.

Please try it one more time. I think I’ve got my email straightened out.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Trying it now. And I just realized your # is in your signature…I should have had that second cup of coffee this morning.

That looks like a fine fishing machine. Tight Lines

Key West 1720 Sportsman

FISH: An animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time you tell your friends about it!

quote:
Originally posted by Lawcrusher
quote:

Whenever you want, just not this evening … wedding anniversary today and taking Liz out to dinner …

I live in Lexington off 378 by Hall Mark Shores … You?

I thought maybe we could hook up this weekend. I’m in Red Bank, close to I-20.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Definitely can make that happen … I’ll call you tomorrow to work out the details … I’m up to my eyeballs in trial prep right now … I guess being busy is preferable to being unemployed … I think … :confused:

Nice boat. I sent you a PM.