My next vacation

Trying to narrow it down. I’m accepting suggestions from the audience. Where should I take my bride next? Looking at April/May.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

There’s only one logical answer. Lower keys…tarpon :smiley:

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

The most interesting place I have ever been was Iceland. Some day I want to return

I’m working on getting the wife to go with me on a drive from seattle to Alaska with a pit stop at Vancouver Island. I’ve know a couple of military couples that did it when leaving Alaska. Said it was a trip of a lifetime. I was told the road conditions are relevant to how bad the previous winter was, 200 miles was the furthest stretch for a fuel stop, and many secluded places stop for a good leg stretch. You’ll need your passport to get into Canada.

Then we have toyed with the idea of just flying into Alaska and doing a large road trip there?

I also want to drive up to Nova Scotia.

Out of country, my wish list is too long to begin!

Made the drive from Vancouver Island to Calgary! Those northern rockeys are awsome! Made many hours of video of all types of critters.

St Thomas. Leave the feather whip at home and let’s go hunt some marlin/big lobsters.

Croatia

I’m kinda leaning towards Spain…anyone been?

Was there this July. Little beach town on the Med near France. L’Estartit. Loved it.
Catalonian is a dialect of French/Spanish and they are proud to have their own identity.
The Costa Brava is a beautiful place for sure.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Fly into Lisbon Portugal. Drive to Lagos Portugal. Cruise the coast towards Spain. Head north to Evora Portugal. Spend at least a couple days there and then back to Lisbon to fly home. We worked in northern Portugal as well but spent three weeks.

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”

take her to the “Front porch of the Lowcountry”, for the BIG event of the season…might have to wade though some rednecks, but I hear its the hottest thing happening in the “Boro”

https://southcarolinalowcountry.com/events/event/walterboro-suds-and-sausage/

Do you fly fish?

If not, never mind.

If yes, then you might consider http://theriverranche.com./

The Bow River comes out of the mountains, through Calgary, and into the Siksika Reserve (in American, a large Blackfoot Indian Reservation). There is little to no agriculture or industry on the Reserve. While the Bow River above the Reserve is nice, it is genuinely pristine on the Reserve. The Siksika don’t fish. Combine that with the fact that if you’re not a member of the tribe, you are not allowed to be out on the Reserve unaccompanied. You can drive through and stop at gas stations and stores and such. This means there is extremely little pressure on the 80 miles of Bow River that flow through the Reserve. Excellent fishing water.

I haven’t been back since the flood of 2014 took the old lodge. But, they’ve rebuilt. The people and accommodations were wonderful and appear to be improved. Meals are family style, hearty, and delicious.

There are good Indian museums on the Reserve (not usually a museum guy). Calgary is close enough for an easy day trip and Banf is also within day trip reach (makes for a long day - but, is worth it). The two times my wife and I went, we spent four days floating the Bow and one in Banf. Most vacations, I’m ready to leave before it is over. Didn’t want to come home from this place.

I realize this sounds like an advert, but, yes… I am a fan of the place/people.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I’m kinda leaning towards Spain…anyone been?

I was leaning on Closer to home destinations. Spain is Beautiful.

So we can all better assist and then get to share in more of your beautiful pictures… What are you looking to do? Sight see, fish, Safari, Jungle, Pyramids, Museums, etc.? If I ever go abroad again, it’ll probably be Australia or Ireland… maybe Madagascar.

Greece, or just the Mediterranean coast in general. Like Turkey, Cyprus, etc.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by PalmerScott

Do you fly fish?

If not, never mind.

The Bow River comes out of the mountains, through Calgary, and into the Siksika Reserve (in American, a large Blackfoot Indian Reservation). There is little to no agriculture or industry on the Reserve. While the Bow River above the Reserve is nice, it is genuinely pristine on the Reserve. The Siksika don’t fish. Combine that with the fact that if you’re not a member of the tribe, you are not allowed to be out on the Reserve unaccompanied. You can drive through and stop at gas stations and stores and such. This means there is extremely little pressure on the 80 miles of Bow River that flow through the Reserve. Excellent fishing water.

I haven’t been back since the flood of 2014 took the old lodge. But, they’ve rebuilt. The people and accommodations were wonderful and appear to be improved. Meals are family style, hearty, and delicious.

There are good Indian museums on the Reserve (not usually a museum guy). Calgary is close enough for an easy day trip and Banf is also within day trip reach (makes for a long day - but, is worth it). The two times my wife and I went, we spent four days floating the Bow and one in Banf. Most vacations, I’m ready to leave before it is over. Didn’t want to come home from this place.

I don’t think he’s allowed to fish anymore if you know what I mean or he’d go with rap.
quote:
Originally posted by sman
quote:
Originally posted by PalmerScott

Do you fly fish?

If not, never mind.

I don’t think he’s allowed to fish anymore i

I’m proud of your last comment! Not to many men would say that about there wife! After 50 years of marrage I now realize how smart my wife has been!

Knowing your tastes, I might suggest Cottageville or Round-O.

Might starve in Round-O the restraunt has been closed for years!

Ricky, I guess no one wants to suggest the obvious? Myrtle Beach is just up the road, and the money you save in travel can buy you all the meth and airbrushed t-shirts your wife and you can handle. You’re welcome.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”