Narragansett Turkey Poults?

Random question. Does anyone know where you could buy Narragansett turkey poults locally? You can order them online, but you have to order 15 at a time and only want 2.

Look under poultry

https://agriculture.sc.gov/market-bulletin/

Or, I have ordered from this crowd, you will pay more, but they will ship as little as three chicks, not positive about turkeys… https://www.strombergschickens.com/

if no luck , try calling someone advertising turkey poults in the market bulletin, they may point you in the right direction.

I’d have to know what they are. Is that a baby turkey?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thanks DF, was wondering too

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Thanks, poly ball. I called Strombergs today and they will only do 15 at a time!! DF and Pea its a baby turkey…guess I could have said that instead of poults. Figured it would be cool to raise one or two with some chickens and then eat it for thanksgiving. Looking like it may not pan out though.

Pan out. Nice

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Usually the feed, seed and farm supply stores have them in the spring, along with chicks and ducks. Not this time of year though. I’ve raised a few and can tell you that it’s cheaper to buy a Butterball than it is to feed a turkey to eating size, and you skip all the poop.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Not to mention its hard to eat something you named.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Not to mention its hard to eat something you named.

Only for my wife…

Name them, Thanksgiving and Christmas!:imp:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Name them, Thanksgiving and Christmas!:imp:

Zing

We had 2 pigs, Porkchop and Hambone. My wife didn’t have any trouble eating them. Had one the meanest roosters in the world, named him Indiana Jones. One day I turned my back and it went to kicking me. An hour later Indiana was in the stew pot. I enjoyed eating that rooster:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry, I have to ask! Just how did that chicken go to kicking you. Did it kick you in the butt the ankles, where? If you had your back turned, it couldn’t kick you in the shins, or the gonzos! Did it knock you down and did it hurt a lot? Inquiring minds, want to know:question::smiley:LMAO

Hey, my uncle had a huge rooster that everyone was scared of. They had a German shepherd that would not even mess with that rooster.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

We had one when I was a kid! It would wait until my Mom and Sister’s pulled into the driveway and stopped! It would run under the car and peck their ankles, when they put their feet out! It would chase them into the house! I thought it was funny as all get out!

Easy, yes it hurts a lot. Roosters have spurs just like a turkey and this was a big rooster who knew kung fu. It could jump up and kick you in the head. It wasn’t the first time it spurred me, and I wasn’t the first person. You did not turn your back on Indiana. My wife and son both enjoyed eating Indiana Jones and dumplings.

We also had a goat my son named Billy. It was another critter you better not turn your back on. Billy went on the grill too, he didn’t last very long.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry’s Karate Chicken

www.mcmurrayhatchery.com will have them available spring 2016,you can order 1-5.

I have raised bronze turkeys before,and they eat well.The Giant White tom will get to 45 lbs ,and that is what Butterball uses.

fishcrazy,if you currently have chickens,raising a turkey or two would not be a huge added expense.

Awesome poly ball!! We have a 1/2 acre on James Island so hoping to keep them in with the chickens and let them roam about when we are home. Just hoping they don’t start getting out of the yard and into the neighbors!! Thanksgiving may come early if they do!

Edit: Scratch that they have the 15 minimum rule too! Probably going to have to find them locally.

fishcrazy,sorry about that,I know they ship in numbers to keep warm,why they advertise 1-5 is beyond me.

I get another market bulletin in any day now,last one had turkeys available.If I see anything that would interest you,I’ll send a message.