Need Suzuki DF140 Lower Unit...25" 2008 or later

I need a good used lower unit for a 2008 Suzuki DF 140T with 25" shaft. If anyone knows of one, I’d appreciate a reply!

Thanks!

Jim Goller

Just curious, water pump housing tube/corrosion issues?

Yes. Corroded thru allowing water into gearbox. Top bearing gone, cannot be rebuilt.

That must be comon on a suzuki, I had the same issue. I found one off E-bay.

Curious, was that you in this issue of S.C. Wildlife?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Same here, I caught mine in time, sandblasted, west system with aluminum powder, removed stainless tube, plugged hole, etc. Pee’d better than new, ran it two years, sold boat. Bad design with stainless pipe, black carbon rubber gasket, add some aluminum, probably generated more volts/amps than the top half of engine.

Still looking for one…and yes, Fred…that was me in the Nov-Dec issue of South Carolina Wildlife. When I went to work for SCDNR (then it was the SC Wildlife Dept) I was hired as a photographer for the magazine.

quote:
Originally posted by wildlifesc

Still looking for one…and yes, Fred…that was me in the Nov-Dec issue of South Carolina Wildlife. When I went to work for SCDNR (then it was the SC Wildlife Dept) I was hired as a photographer for the magazine.

That is Cool! Only subscription Magazine I get. I love it.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Wildlifesc, do you need any other parts besides the lower unit? I have a 2002 Zuke 140 rebuilt power head and cylinder head that was rebuilt by Jerry Harris from the Outboard Clinic. They are still in the box. I’ve already sold the lower unit, engine holder and trim and tilt. I got a 2013 Zuke 140 as a gift after the rebuild so it’s on the boat now.

No CajunLad V…but thanks for the offer. Everything else is sound and in great shape.

The 115 HP 25" will work also…but must be 2007 or later after they redesigned the foot.

One more bump…a Johnson 25" will work also…same year from 2007 through current…140 hp or 115 hp.

Got one ordered off eBay…hope it fits! Says 10 hours and like new complete with prop with warranty. Thanks for all the comments!