New Orleans recommendations

We are heading down to New Orleans tomorrow night to spend a few days before we fly to Patagonia on Thursday night. Does anyone have any recommendations or things to do or see or eat? Looking for good off the beaten path stuff, not places akin to Hymans and the like.

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle

We are heading down to New Orleans tomorrow night to spend a few days before we fly to Patagonia on Thursday night. Does anyone have any recommendations or things to do or see or eat? Looking for good off the beaten path stuff, not places akin to Hymans and the like.

Rap it’s been many a year since I was there, but Bourbon street is Cool for a walk through to say you did it. Once you get past and into the French Quarter, just grab a fresh Hurricane and have a long walk around. Pat o’brien’s makes a killer Hurricane… or did.

Hope you have fun!

Why Bruce?.. the ramblings of a disillusioned Hillary supporter.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

Take lots of pictures, many of us live vicariously through you world travelers.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Take pictures where all the statues used to be. Try to capture the smell of puke and urine in a photo also. Go to the Grocery for a Muffaletta or however you spell it.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Go to the Central Grocery for a Muffaletta

I will second this…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Get hammered with some Hurricane’s from Pat’s, and go here:

http://voodooneworleans.com/about/

RBF

Was just there the other weekend. Coolest place we went to for dinner was a place called Little Gems.
Authentic little jazz bar, pretty low key. Good food and great music. Its a small place and the interaction with the band is good.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Ernst Cafe has the best bacon cheeseburger I’ve ever had. Mothers for a great shrimp po boy. Cafe du monde for beignets. Pralines from anywhere. Puke, urine and feces smells per Fritz’s suggestion. I’d wear Rosary Beads and maybe say the Rosary a few times while down there to keep the voodoo off of you. Also try not to get stabbed it will make the trip much more enjoyable. We just got back from there. What a ****ehole. The only good thing about it was my daughter made it through to the third round of American Idol. You people better vote for her if she makes it that far.

remember us little people when she’s famous.

hymans. lol

Hilton Head - unofficial shark bite capital of the world.

Acme seafood is their hymans, LOL

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

remember us little people when she’s famous.

hymans. lol

Hilton Head - unofficial shark bite capital of the world.

I could never forget you people in either case

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle

Galliano has good pretty good food. They were being filmed for one of the food network shows when I was there in April. I ate there 2 nights of the 4 I spent in NO.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Galliano+Restaurant/@29.9440762,-90.0655267,20z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x4439e9b5b2d17a17!2sNew+Orleans+Ernest+N.+Morial+Convention+Center!8m2!3d29.9369681!4d-90.0633645!3m4!1s0x0:0xaf94ea60b34245f!8m2!3d29.944348!4d-90.0654191

You gonna talk or FISH!

Pictures of Patagonia, not Nawlins. Been there.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Had a buddy that use to fly fish trout in Patagonia, loved it, is that you agenda? Good luck! Please post all pictures

Mid City Bowling for Rock & Bowl is always fun

Rivershack Tavern. River shack is a very appropriate name.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Galitoitres is the real thing. If you like bourbon go just for the sazerac. It’s supper old school NOLA. It’s also on bourbon st. which is convenient if you only have enough time for a snapshot of the town. It’s been operating since 1905. My uncle (a NOLA native) may well be at the bar. Mothers has quality po boys but you can find those all over town. Go to mothers for the “firdy” and the turtle soup. Thats all I would offer. There are so many other options. NOLA is a great place for food and culture. Honestly even if you end up in a tourist trap you will probably have a great time with fond memories.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

Can you get Pee Pad a new hat…in Patagonia?

quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

Acme seafood is their hymans, LOL

do you really think so? I’ve been twice and enjoyed both times…but I will not go to Hyman’s…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Never went myself, i’m sure its good, referring to the lines and tourists mainly.