New Suit

http://www.zootsuitstore.com/Shopping/Catalog/product_detail.asp?ProductCode=HSPF004

RBF

I wound up going to Men’s Warehouse. They have a big inventory. The staff really knows what they are doing. They hook you up with someone who helps you right when you come in. My guy helped me find a suit that I liked and then I mentioned that I needed a new shirt. I had to go back in the dressing room to change out of the suit. When I came back out the salesman had picked out 4 different shirts in my size with ties laid over top of them. I was like “dang this is the stuff right here”. I picked two shirt and tie combos and called it a day.
I was in and out of there in under an hour. Great place great service! I would highly recommend them!

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

Every man should have at least one good dark suit for weddings or funerals. I go to Men’s Warehouse…you can get one reasonably priced. They also have a line of no wrinkle shirts…they’ll set you back a dollar or 2 but they feel and look great. You wash it, dry it and and hang it up and it’s wrinkle free.

(holy smokes…just checked the website for MW for the shirts…they prices have definitely gone up, but looks like they offer 2 for price of 1…try to find one on sale.)

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

claim, I get a pretty good deal on my dress shirts. You just throw them in the washer and dryer! If they have wrinkles, just throw them back in the dryer, before you put one on!
https://www.walmart.com/search/?facet=brand%3AMen's&page=1&query=t-shirts+for+men&typeahead=t-shirts#searchProductResult

OK , This is my goodwill suit story- I had to go to a wedding in Alabama. I got to my hotel room and got out my suit - put it on and firsr time I bent over the butt seam ripped out. Went to a Goodwill in Birmingham and bought a very nice HSM suit for $15. Fit was perfect. When I got back home & unpacked I saw that I had food stains - so I got it ready to go to the dry cleaners. At the cleaners I went through the pockets and found a $100 bill! Go to goodwill!

they’ll come to the office, or the house, and they deliver.

http://www.tomjames.com/locations/charleston-sc/

Amazon, UPS, FEDEX and USPS, deliver!

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

they’ll come to the office, or the house, and they deliver.

http://www.tomjames.com/locations/charleston-sc/

Unifirst does the same thing, and they’ll even give you enough clothes to wear each day for less. :smiley:

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by dorado

I wound up going to Men’s Warehouse. They have a big inventory. The staff really knows what they are doing. They hook you up with someone who helps you right when you come in. My guy helped me find a suit that I liked and then I mentioned that I needed a new shirt. I had to go back in the dressing room to change out of the suit. When I came back out the salesman had picked out 4 different shirts in my size with ties laid over top of them. I was like “dang this is the stuff right here”. I picked two shirt and tie combos and called it a day.
I was in and out of there in under an hour. Great place great service! I would highly recommend them!

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

That’s where I’ve gotten my last two suits. Very courteous staff and won’t break the bank for a tailored suit. I think I’ve worn one five times in the last 10 years. Wedding, funeral, or a formal dinner. I don’t even wear a tie to church, just khakis and a dress shirt.

“Why Bruce?”

Don’t forget about thrift stores and consignment shops, along with Goodwill. I bought a couple of suits at Men’s Wearhouse a few years back. They are fine in a pinch, but if you wear a suit more often, I’d go to Jos. A. Bank. They run sales fairly often, and the suits are typically good quality.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

I can’t believe you people don’t buy all your suites and such at Berlin’s? :slight_smile:

A few years ago we were in town and I was flush from commission checks that could choke a cow.I suggested that we got to Berlin’s and throw caution to the wind.Well, the first sport coat I looked at was $2700.My wife saw the same and we made eye contact to plan an escape.We were and still are middle aged, but thank god we could easily outrun those creepy old geezers working there! I think we headed to the closest bar to drink and laugh about it!

Wearing other people’s old clothes is creepy

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Do you carry your own fork to restaurants?

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

That one made me chuckle. My first job was washing dishes- and I wouldn’t eat from anything I washed!

No. That would be creepy too

I will agree with you on shoes or socks.

I’ve gotten to the point where I just buy a real nice present and don’t go to the wedding. Everybody is happy.

Harold Wilcox
www.haroldshogwash.com

Yeah, send them a check and they have a big smile on their faces!

quote:
Originally posted by hwilcox

I’ve gotten to the point where I just buy a real nice present and don’t go to the wedding. Everybody is happy.

Harold Wilcox
www.haroldshogwash.com

Hey Harold, did I tell you I’m getting married?

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Personalized silverware carrying kits was one of my get rich quick ideas back in the 90's. I'm not rich.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.