Ninja Dagger Rods

Thinking about ordering the below this week, and pairing it with a relatively new Penn Spinfisher VI 6500 I have… I’m interested in the 50/50 split dual rung model…

Ninja Tackle Dagger 11’ Surf Fishing Rod (ninjatackleva.com)

Anyone that has one let me know what you think about the company and rods…

1 Like

Rod lots nice enough. I would watch out for the HT-100 Drag on that Spitfisher, they have a bad history of tightening up while fighting fish that pull drag or having drag lose in a holder.

1 Like

Thanks for responding… Not sure what you meant on the comment about the rod… Was it the rod “loads” nice enough? Any suggestions on something different?

Thanks for the tip on the Spinfisher VI 6500… All I can say is I got it last fall along with the 4500… Both on clearance on Amazon… 6500 cost $135, and the 4500 $140, both brand new and returnable… Deals I couldn’t resist… :grinning:

Auto correct …looks nice. On the Penn HT-100 drags. I’ve had a few, not a fan. Was on the beach with a buddy who lost a Penn right out of the rod spike. I had a few heavy fish break off from the drag tightening on its own.

Buy Zebco! …again I am biased.

If I remember correctly, you fish with Quantum Cabo’s… I looked at them, and they are nice… If you have time, let’s know why you like them, size preference, line type to use, etc. I may have to trade up… :grinning:

ALL my reels are Quantum, fresh and salt, bait casters and spinners. Never had a problem with any of them. For the surf 3 reel sizes, 50/70/120 most are Boca.
Goto set-up BSP50 10’ MH Fast 15# mono 50# mono double drop with “MAJIC” beads Eagle Claw #2 084. I’ll always have 4 of these on the cart
Big set-up BSP70 12’ MH Fast 30# Powerpro, 50# mono “rub” leader, 60# steel single drop 6/0-10/0 non offset circles.
REALLY big set-up CSP120 12’ MH fast 40# braid, 80# mono leader, 80# steel single drop 10/0 or 12/0 circle. Don’t use this much at all unless someone wants to try and catch JAWS or something silly like that…not sure why you would WANT to, I hook plenty a “JAWS” with out trying. Fresh Shrimp always, cut bait sometimes.

Don’t get out like I used to. Arthritis eating my knees up pretty good. After a 50hr work week on my feet makes standing on the beach all weekend kinda tuff.

Thanks for the detailed reply… Hope you get better, and work slows down… Miss your reports…

Couple of last questions, if you don’t mind… What brand and model of rods do you use? Any reason you use mono as the main line on the 10’ go to set-ups, and braid on the others? Also, what type of mono do you prefer?

Thanks for answering my questions… Lots of good info!

Also, where the heck is Pete/RBR? Miss him posting… We used to PM and chat…

I have a couple of Okuma, Ceymar 6500’s, that I bought last spring, for pitching, jigging, offshore. Nice reels for the money! I’ve even used them for bottom fishing, with good results.

Talking Surf Fishing. My favorite rod is the Quantum Blue Runner 2 pc. in 8’-10’, the old style when they were black. They are tough and CHEAP and cast surprisingly well. Also a couple Quantum Mocean (discontinued) 10’. 2-Okuma Longitude 12’ cast very well with 6-8oz. +bait.
The surf is a rough place to fish. Nothing at all like from a boat or off a pier/ dock. Your line WILL rub on the bottom, braid WILL get frayed/ cut lesson learned. The go to set-up I fish 100% of the time, every trip. The weakest point being the hook. Ande back country is my Mono of choice, Berkley Big Game a close second and PowerPro. The braid on the bigger set ups= capacity/ strength vs dia. That being said, I do have about 2 Rod lengths of 50# mono “Rub” leader not just for bottom rubs but the longer fish/sharks will tail whip the line…braid WILL fail, another hard lesson.
Haven’t talked to Pete in a while, I do miss fish’n with him. Of course a lot of the FUN guys are MIA from CF.com.

2 Likes

I have the 9ft NT rod and I’m not impressed. I’ve cast a couple of their rods and they seem to heavy and seem to wobble a tad after casting.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on the performance… I was going to order one and tried to call them a couple of times, but never got a “human” answer… I’ll put this one on pause for now… What types of set-ups do you use, if you don’t mind sharing… Not just rods, but reels, rigs, bait, etc. Always looking to learn something new…

Thanks for the reply… I typically use braid (Power Pro), and haven’t run into the abrasion issue when not around rocks, etc. I’ll keep that in mind though…

When you do talk to Pete tell him RBF says hey, and wishes he’d come back… If nothing else, just to show off his culinary skills and shoot the ■■■■…

Hey Richard.
I use Carolina Cast Pro and Florida Surf Tackle rods ranging from 8ft to 14ft.

Rigs: single/double drop rigs, modified fish finder rig and float rigs.

Conventional reels: Akios CTM, Akios Shuttle and Akios F-15

Spinning reels: Florida Fishing Products 1000-8000 size

Line: 12-16# Sakuma night crystal mono on the conventional reels with shock leader.
Daiwa j-braid on spinning reels 10-30# test

Bait: live shrimp, mud minnows, fishbites, kiss my fish lures and zman paddle tails.

Sinkers: sinker guy sputniks 2-6oz frog tongue sinkers 1-8oz