No Respect

quote:
Just tells you these polls suck

Tru dat!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8
quote:
Originally posted by SCARCHER220
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

No respect is being a 3 touchdown underdog to a conference opponent.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

That conf opponent just happens to be the reigning Nat champs and the top seeded team currently. Dummy

" It is what it is".

OK state was not even ranked in the preseason and were only a 17.5 dog to FSU.

Just saying

Fishb8

7412 Posts
Posted - 09/14/2014 : 9:00:41 PM

Just tells you these polls suck

This thread is about respect…or lack of respect.
The odds makers are giving more respect to a un-ranked team than for a team that is ranked going into the 4th week.

Like you pointed out , I have said before the polls are silly.

So how about this: there is more respect for OK state than Clemson.

Or. OK State finished last year ranked below Clemson, but get more respect than Clemson.

Any of that better?

Who do you think would have a better chance at beating FSU?
IMO Clemson, hands

quote:
quote:

No respect is being a 3 touchdown underdog to a conference opponent.

That conf opponent just happens to be the reigning Nat champs and the top seeded team currently. Dummy

" It is what it is".

Clemson should never be a 20 point dog. They are CLEMSON .

quote:
Originally posted by shevy
quote:
Originally posted by CooperRiverMan
quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

The only thing that matters is where you are ranked at the end of the year. I think Clemson and USC will look much different at the end of this season than they do right now. A lot of young players with a lot of college football experience to gain. If Clemson can start running the read option with Watson and he is as good as advertised, they will be dangerous. If the db’s at USC are as good as advertised they should also be much improved. Should be a fun game again this year if everything goes as the coaches plan and recruited for.

Well said. Imagine starting your 1st College game against an offense like A&M has. Not to mention the 84K screaming fans and millions of tv viewers. Al Harris Jr got torched all night long. He showed great improvement in the UGA game. Maybe he can be as good as AL Harris SR was at Green Bay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJZwYPe7Cc

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

At least you guys were at home. We had to play UGA the first game of the year at their house. Imagine that for all the freshman and young guys we had to play.

Granted, Watson shined. :wink:

Gamecock fans tried that excuse last year and it wasn't allowed

Hypothetically, of course, if Clemson beats Fla St, should they be ranked higher?

If Clemson beats FSU, then they are obviously better than FSU. Logic would suggest yes, but these polls aren’t really based on logic now are they?

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235
quote:
quote:

CU is about to stroll into tallahasee and play the top ranked team in the nation. You just played the 6th ranked team at your house. When will the chickens play a #1 in their schedule. Ever been to Tallahasee ??? it sucks

" It is what it is".

Lol, I guess the whipping of #1 Alabama four years ago doesn’t count…

Not this year. Didn’t count at the end of that year either in ATL if memory serves me right either.

You’re right; SC’s only good for one big upset a year…and this year we used it up on the Dawgs. Not looking forward to the Auburn game, but we’ll see if the defense continues to improve or if Saturday’s game was a fluke.

Hell, I’d be worried about Vandy. The chickens beat Bama and then went the next week and lost to Kentucky. They lose to Vandy and it’ll take at least 6 double digit wins to get back in the top 50.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Ya

I am worried about Vandy. For whatever reason USC always has a tough time with them.

quote:

If Clemson beats FSU, then they are obviously better than FSU. Logic would suggest yes, but these polls aren’t really based on logic now are they?

Devil’s advocate here Ricky, since this is about polls. I know it depends on what others do, but if nothing else changes, should Fla St drop below SC or Clem move above, since Clem lost to Ga. Just curious about opinions.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shevy
quote:
Originally posted by CooperRiverMan
quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

The only thing that matters is where you are ranked at the end of the year. I think Clemson and USC will look much different at the end of this season than they do right now. A lot of young players with a lot of college football experience to gain. If Clemson can start running the read option with Watson and he is as good as advertised, they will be dangerous. If the db’s at USC are as good as advertised they should also be much improved. Should be a fun game again this year if everything goes as the coaches plan and recruited for.

Well said. Imagine starting your 1st College game against an offense like A&M has. Not to mention the 84K screaming fans and millions of tv viewers. Al Harris Jr got torched all night long. He showed great improvement in the UGA game. Maybe he can be as good as AL Harris SR was at Green Bay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJZwYPe7Cc

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

At least you guys were at home. We had to play UGA the first game of the year at their house. Imagine that for all the freshman and young guys we had to play.

Granted, Watson shined. :wink:

Gamecock fans tried that e
quote:

I am worried about Vandy. For whatever reason USC always has a tough time with them.

Really, Vandy is awful this year. You shouldn’t worry so much, you’ll get an ulcer.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

Devil’s advocate here Ricky, since this is about polls. I know it depends on what others do, but if nothing else changes, should Fla St drop below SC or Clem move above, since Clem lost to Ga. Just curious about opinions.

The BCS was never perfect, but it was more predictable in my opinion than the AP. There are too many different interpretations of what the polls are meant to be. Some people believe its how good you are after your last game. Others believe it only has to do with your body of work up to that point. Even more, there are the select few that look at how you play and try to guess in the future what you’ll do with certain opponents. I’m a firm believer in “what have you done on the field this year?” Did you come out ready to play competitive in every aspect of the game? So, I wouldn’t have FSU at #1 in my poll. I think right now Oklahoma and Oregon are the top two followed by Baylor and A&M. These teams pass the eye test to me; they are the most complete at this point in the season. You need to throw LSU in there somewhere too. After Wisconsin’s TD, they’ve outscored their opponents 108-0…that’s impressive no matter who you play. Although we’ll learn a lot about LSU on Saturday vs Miss State.

If i

quote:

Hell, I’d be worried about Vandy.</font id=“size4”> The chickens beat Bama and then went the next week and lost to Kentucky. They lose to Vandy and it’ll take at least 6 double digit wins to get back in the top 50.

Mark
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

quote:
quote:

Really, Vandy is awful this year. </font id=“size5”> You shouldn’t worry so much, you’ll get an ulcer.

Mark

Troll Much

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

The BCS was never perfect, but it was more predictable in my opinion than the AP. There are too many different interpretations of what the polls are meant to be. Some people believe its how good you are after your last game. Others believe it only has to do with your body of work up to that point. Even more, there are the select few that look at how you play and try to guess in the future what you’ll do with certain opponents. I’m a firm believer in “what have you done on the field this year?” Did you come out ready to play competitive in every aspect of the game? So, I wouldn’t have FSU at #1 in my poll. I think right now Oklahoma and Oregon are the top two followed by Baylor and A&M. These teams pass the eye test to me; they are the most complete at this point in the season. You need to throw LSU in there somewhere too. After Wisco

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

The BCS was never perfect, but it was more predictable in my opinion than the AP. There are too many different interpretations of what the polls are meant to be. Some people believe its how good you are after your last game. Others believe it only has to do with your body of work up to that point. Even more, there are the select few that look at how you play and try to guess in the future what you’ll do with certain opponents. I’m a firm believer in “what have you done on the field this year?” Did you come out ready to play competitive in every aspect of the game? So, I wouldn’t have FSU at #1 in my poll. I think right now Oklahoma and Oregon are the top two followed by Baylor and A&M. These teams pass the eye test to me; they are the most complete at this point in the season. You need to throw LSU in there somewhere too. After Wisco

Turning over a new leaf?

quote:

Turning over a new leaf?

Take it how you will. You took the shot.