18 Missouri
19 Wisconsin
20 Kansas St

What’s up with that?

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Just tells you these polls suck

By a margin of 8 poll points, however those are calculated. I predict if the cocks win their next 2 games they will move ahead of UGA.
Oh and enjoy your last week in the rankings for awhile. Silly taters.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

I agree, how valid can this poll really be? It is the same one that has the taters in the top 25 after whipping up on SC State.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Yet another example to use as to why the polls should not exist until at least week 8 or 9. It will all come out in the wash. The only reason for these pre-season and early season polls is so the media can further hype stuff and collect ratings. The only fair way to do it is to wait.

quote:
Originally posted by blueline

Yet another example to use as to why the polls should not exist until at least week 8 or 9. It will all come out in the wash. The only reason for these pre-season and early season polls is so the media can further hype stuff and collect ratings. The only fair way to do it is to wait.

I totally agree. I personally think it’s B.S. they still have UGA ranked above SC.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I agree, how valid can this poll really be? It is the same one that has the taters in the top 25 after whipping up on SC State.

Things have a way of taking care of themselves. Let’s see where Clemson is after Saturday’s game.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

CU is about to stroll into tallahasee and play the top ranked team in the nation. You just played the 6th ranked team at your house. When will the chickens play a #1 in their schedule. Ever been to Tallahasee ??? it sucks

" It is what it is".

quote:
Originally posted by SCARCHER220

CU is about to stroll into tallahasee and play the top ranked team in the nation. You just played the 6th ranked team at your house. When will the chickens play a #1 in their schedule. Ever been to Tallahasee ??? it sucks

" It is what it is".

They get to travel to Auburn to play.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:

" It is what it is".

Lol, I guess the whipping of #1 Alabama four years ago doesn’t count…

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

" It is what it is".

Not this year. Didn’t count at the end of that year either in ATL if memory serves me right either.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

No respect is being a 3 touchdown underdog to a conference opponent.

The only thing that matters is where you are ranked at the end of the year. I think Clemson and USC will look much different at the end of this season than they do right now. A lot of young players with a lot of college football experience to gain. If Clemson can start running the read option with Watson and he is as good as advertised, they will be dangerous. If the db’s at USC are as good as advertised they should also be much improved. Should be a fun game again this year if everything goes as the coaches plan and recruited for.

quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

The only thing that matters is where you are ranked at the end of the year. I think Clemson and USC will look much different at the end of this season than they do right now. A lot of young players with a lot of college football experience to gain. If Clemson can start running the read option with Watson and he is as good as advertised, they will be dangerous. If the db’s at USC are as good as advertised they should also be much improved. Should be a fun game again this year if everything goes as the coaches plan and recruited for.

Well said. Imagine starting your 1st College game against an offense like A&M has. Not to mention the 84K screaming fans and millions of tv viewers. Al Harris Jr got torched all night long. He showed great improvement in the UGA game. Maybe he can be as good as AL Harris SR was at Green Bay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJZwYPe7Cc

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Things have a way of taking care of themselves. Let’s see where Clemson is after Saturday’s game.

I believe we will see this again.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

That conf opponent just happens to be the reigning Nat champs and the top seeded team currently. Dummy

" It is what it is".

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235
quote:
quote:

" It is what it is".

Not this year. Didn’t count at the end of that year either in ATL if memory serves me right either.

You’re right; SC’s only good for one big upset a year…and this year we used it up on the Dawgs. Not looking forward to the Auburn game, but we’ll see if the defense continues to improve or if Saturday’s game was a fluke.

quote:
Originally posted by CooperRiverMan
quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

Well said. Imagine starting your 1st College game against an offense like A&M has. Not to mention the 84K screaming fans and millions of tv viewers. Al Harris Jr got torched all night long. He showed great improvement in the UGA game. Maybe he can be as good as AL Harris SR was at Green Bay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJZwYPe7Cc

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

At least you guys were at home. We had to play UGA the first game of the year at their house. Imagine that for all the freshman and young guys we had to play.

Granted, Watson shined. :wink:

quote:
quote:

That conf opponent just happens to be the reigning Nat champs and the top seeded team currently. Dummy

" It is what it is".

OK state was not even ranked in the preseason and were only a 17.5 dog to FSU.

Just saying

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8
quote:
quote:

" It is what it is".

OK state was not even ranked in the preseason and were only a 17.5 dog to FSU.

Just saying

Fishb8

7412 Posts
Posted - 09/14/2014 : 9:00:41 PM

Just tells you these polls suck