North Charleston will become Ferguson Mo.

Oh Boy…WTF did you do? I just watched the video, and that cop not only murdered that guy, he planted evidence. This **** is going to get real bad. Time for cool heads!

Not in the South it won’t…

Mayor Sumney was all over this on CNN so I hope that helps out.

Video was horrible to watch. Lots of emotions/thoughts going through by brain right now. hope cooler heads prevail this time

“mr keys”

if that bozo clown Al Sharpton stays away and this gets dealt with things should be OK

he’s been arrested and charged with murder

Pioneer 197SF

Didn’t see anything in the Greenville news, what happend?

North Charleston did the right thing. The cop has been charged with murder just like any other murderer. There shouldn’t be any outrage by the community like Missouri

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

North Charleston did the right thing. The cop has been charged with murder just like any other murderer. There shouldn’t be any outrage by the community like Missouri

I agree with your statement.

Double D.

Unless, people just want a reason to protest… More fuel to the “white cops shooting black people” fire… The guy looks as guilty as anything right now, but will the wannabe rioters take this as a “see, we told you so about ferguson” message and open up that wound again, or will the rioters be appeased by the murder charge?

Im beginning to wonder if racists are flocking to law enforcement like child molesters do to the Priesthood. That video is unreal. He was 20 yards away with his back turned. He needs to be tried for murder 1.

(**(), cant believe this happened here.

I think the only way protests or riots happen here is if the jury lets him go for some stupid reason. I don’t think that will happen if the video evidence we all have seen is allowed to be used. Weirder things have happened, but if the jury lets him off, then all heck will break loose here. Highly unlikely though.

Redstripe, there have been racists in all jobs, especially law enforcement since the beginning. I think what we are seeing is our society changing from a “think before you act” to a one that reacts and take actions on their first emotional impulse. A few decades of no self accountability, no consequences, and most of all no respect for our fellow man/woman attribute to what we are seeing on a daily basis now, IMO.

besides the fact that it appears he shot the guy running away, something just doesn’t look copacetic with that video…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

It’s all over the National News shows! The Sharpton’s and others are buying plane tickets, as we speak! There is no reason for a man to lose his life over a broken tail light, which was supposed to be the reason for the stop!

That cop murdered that man. He needs to be made to pay, give him the chair.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Mark
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

It does appear that he committed murder, but let him have his day in court. And don’t pin all of the past (similar) injustices on him. This is, after all, still America.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

I get all the outrage and media attention, but does this one murder mean more than all of the other murders out there? The guy committed a crime, there is evidence, and the police arrested him. The system hasn’t failed. A law was broken and the guy is in jail. It’s currently working as it should.

Body cameras aren’t the answer to everything, but video evidence in every case could make or break a conviction. I’d support a body camera purchase by our law enforcement to stop this type of behavior in the future.

I advocate for a total restructure of law enforcement across the board. I believe that the compensation/benefits, and equipment is way out of line with the mission of law enforcement which is “to serve and protect”. There are too many financial incentives that attract people of perverse motives to the job of law enforcement. I suggest that all police officers, regardless of education and military service experience, should be required to begin their career walking a beat for a minimum of 6 years. Walking among the public they are empowered to serve, not riding around in an A/C climate controlled vehicle with thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment and weapons at their disposal. Walking a beat, pulling on door handles, checking out the nooks and cranny’s of their beat, helping old people change a tire, speaking with home owners and business owners, learning peoples names, occupations, family history, confronting suspicious activity and nests of immoral and criminal activity and rooting out the bad guys. No sitting in a police cruiser shooting the breeze with the cops in the next cruiser pulled up beside them behind WalMart killing time on their shift, but putting in a tough 8 hours on their feet in the heat and cold and rain. They won’t be 20 lbs. overweight, but lean and agile and ready to chase down a thief or a mugger, or a serial criminal. They won’t carry an AK47, a taser, a 9MM, and a lap top computer, just a dept. issued side arm, a baton, and a pair of handcuffs. Let them prove their commitment to the community for 6 years before we empower them with superior firepower, authority, revenue mandated responsibilities, and tens of thousands of dollars of taxpayer paid for equipment. We can assign them to areas in the urban environment and the suburbs, it doesn’t matter…put them on their feet in the street. Then let’s see who apply’s for the job, who serves and protects, who learns the people in their community, who woks as hard and as long as the citizens on their beat, and who pays the p

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Mark

It does appear that he committed murder, but let him have his day in court. And don’t pin all of the past (similar) injustices on him. This is, after all, still America.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

I’m all for having his day in court and if/when the guilty verdict is handed down, execute him. He’s got complaints of excessive force against him already, he lied about events, planted evidence and did nothing to help the man. A fleeing 50yo subject stopped for a tail light violation is not exactly a huge threat.

Absolutely no call for that ****, white, black, red, yellow, blue or green.

Mark

Lazy,slow,white boy cop.He’ll pay dearly for not running after that poor man.

Lawrence Welk could have run down and apprehended that poor black man…inexcusable.

Poor Black Man my Azz! Man, is the operative word here. From what I see on this video, is this man posed no threat to the cop, when he was killed!