North Charleston will become Ferguson Mo.

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

I’m all for having his day in court and if/when the guilty verdict is handed down, execute him. He’s got complaints of excessive force against him already, he lied about events, planted evidence and did nothing to help the man. A fleeing 50yo subject stopped for a tail light violation is not exactly a huge threat.

Absolutely no call for that ****, white, black, red, yellow, blue or green.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Why execute him? I believe that execution is more appropriate for sociopaths that no time in prison will ever rehabilitate. Trust me, this man's punishment is going to be brutal. 20+ years in prison is a long time for him to think about what he did. We aren't talking about Jack the Ripper here. The victim is not the only one who lost his life. This cop threw his entire life away.

Also, he planted evidence because he realized that what he did was a royal mistake. Most humans would try to cover their tracks if they realized they were about to lose their life.

Also, I know that I will get criticized for saying it was a “mistake” because people want to hear the word “murder”, but let’s call a spade a spade here… This guy is not a serial killer. If he wanted to murder people because they were black, his best option is probably not in the line of duty.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I get all the outrage and media attention, but does this one murder mean more than all of the other murders out there? The guy committed a crime, there is evidence, and the police arrested him. The system hasn’t failed. A law was broken and the guy is in jail. It’s currently working as it should.

Body cameras aren’t the answer to everything, but video evidence in every case could make or break a conviction. I’d support a body camera purchase by our law enforcement to stop this type of behavior in the future.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Body cams have been ordered,Mayor Summey just announced
quote:
Originally posted by poke salad

Body cams have been ordered,Mayor Summey just announced

Whole new can of worms... When you look at everything under a microscope, you are going to find things that you didn't see before... I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

accountability is not a good thing?

maybe some trigger happy cops will think twice while that camera is rolling.You think Slager would have pulled that cowardly move if he was knowingly being recorded? I think not,and another man would be alive right now.

quote:
Originally posted by poke salad

accountability is not a good thing?

maybe some trigger happy cops will think twice while that camera is rolling.You think Slager would have pulled that cowardly move if he was knowingly being recorded? I think not,and another man would be alive right now.

I think that the camera can sometimes deceive the human eye. Would you want a camera on you when you disciplined your children? Would you want a camera on you when you argued with your wife? Heck, why don't we just put a camera on you so you can be held accountable for everything you do on a day to day basis.

The bottom line is that I am typically against spending millions of dollars on a problem that doesn’t exist. With freedom comes responsibility and RISK… I don’t pretend that there is a risk free version of freedom.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

I’m all for having his day in court and if/when the guilty verdict is handed down, execute him. He’s got complaints of excessive force against him already, he lied about events, planted evidence and did nothing to help the man. A fleeing 50yo subject stopped for a tail light violation is not exactly a huge threat.

Absolutely no call for that ****, white, black, red, yellow, blue or green.

Mark
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Why execute him? I believe that execution is more appropriate for sociopaths that no time in prison will ever rehabilitate. Trust me, this man's punishment is going to be brutal. 20+ years in prison is a long time for him to think about what he did. We aren't talking about Jack the Ripper here. The victim is not the only one who lost his life. This cop threw his entire life away.

Also, he planted evidence because he realized that what he did was a royal mistake. Most humans would try to cover their tracks if they realized they were about to lose their life.

Also, I know that I will get criticized for saying it was a “mistake” because people want to hear the word “murder”, but let’s call a spade a spade here… This guy is not a serial killer. If he wanted to murder people because they were black, his best option is probably not in the line of duty.

</font id="quote"
quote:

That “cop” murdered that man in cold blood, justice isn’t sitting in a jail cell hoping for parole in 20 or less.

Mark

Most people who commit murder do NOT see execution. Why is this one worse than a guy who would kill you in cold blood for $20? Execution will not bring the victim back to life. Again, I am not against execution. I think execution is reserved for those Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, Osama Bin Laden, Timothy McVeighs of the world...

But a cop who got gun happy? Do you fear he will get out of prison and continue to shoot people?

In my mind, “execution” is not about punishment. It’s about removing a member of society that will NEVER function in society without hurting other people. Kind of like putting down a dog with rabies…

No chance in hell he’ll get executed. Doubtful he’ll even get 1st degree murder.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

No chance in hell he’ll get executed. Doubtful he’ll even get 1st degree murder.

Agree. Seems manslaughter is more appropriate. Maybe they are setting up for a plea deal.

A white cop in prison for murdering a black man is going to have a VERY bad time in prison. I think I’d rather be executed.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

A white cop in prison for murdering a black man is going to have a VERY bad time in prison. I think I’d rather be executed.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Good point!
quote:
quote:

That “cop” murdered that man in cold blood, justice isn’t sitting in a jail cell hoping for parole in 20 or less.

Mark

Most people who commit murder do NOT see execution. Why is this one worse than a guy who would kill you in cold blood for $20? Execution will not bring the victim back to life. Again, I am not against execution. I think execution is reserved for those Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, Osama Bin Laden, Timothy McVeighs of the world...

But a cop who got gun happy? Do you fear he will get out of prison and continue to shoot people?

In my mind, “execution” is not about punishment. It’s about removing a member of society that will NEVER function in society without hurting other people. Kind of like putting down a dog with rabies…

Maybe I’m making a leap here. Cop sees a black man driving whatever with a broken tail-light, profiles him and decides he’s up to no good. Pulls him over on the pretense of the tail-light then finds he’s not paid his child support, pulls his taser then goes Johnny Tacticool on him. He shoots the guy with the taser and something goes wrong. Subject flees because he thinks the crazy ass Gestapo cop is going to kill him anyway. Cop’s pissed because the guy’s gotten a

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Agree. Seems manslaughter is more appropriate. Maybe they are setting up for a plea deal.
More like 2nd degree. I mean he straight up executed the guy but there was no forethought. Do we have 2nd degree in SC?
quote:

Maybe I’m making a leap here. Cop sees a black man driving whatever with a broken tail-light, profiles him and decides he’s up to no good. Pulls him over on the pretense of the tail-light then finds he’s not paid his child support, pulls his taser then goes Johnny Tacticool on him. He shoots the guy with the taser and something goes wrong. Subject flees because he thinks the crazy ass Gestapo cop is going to kill him anyway. Cop’s pissed because the guy’s gotten away and the better of him, he pulls his gun out to stop him. Instead of one warning shot or pursuit on foot, he unloads 8 rounds at the man. I’m sorry, that’s not trigger happy, that’s a cop murdering a man. He compounded it by trying to cover it up.

They guy has been on the force for 5 years. Explain to me why he hasn't done this before? You think this was his first traffic stop?

By the way, cop doesn’t know why he is running. The child support thing came from his lawyer after the fact.

quote:
quote:

Maybe I’m making a leap here. Cop sees a black man driving whatever with a broken tail-light, profiles him and decides he’s up to no good. Pulls him over on the pretense of the tail-light then finds he’s not paid his child support, pulls his taser then goes Johnny Tacticool on him. He shoots the guy with the taser and something goes wrong. Subject flees because he thinks the crazy ass Gestapo cop is going to kill him anyway. Cop’s pissed because the guy’s gotten away and the better of him, he pulls his gun out to stop him. Instead of one warning shot or pursuit on foot, he unloads 8 rounds at the man. I’m sorry, that’s not trigger happy, that’s a cop murdering a man. He compounded it by trying to cover it up.

They guy has been on the force for 5 years. Explain to me why he hasn't done this before? You think this was his first traffic stop?

By the way, cop doesn’t know why he is running. The child support thing came from his lawyer after the fact.

From what I heard earlier, there have been numerous complaints about the cop over his 5 years. Doubt it was his first traffic stop, pretty sure it was his first murder though. Not matter why he was running, did that warrant 8 shots at the man with 5 of them hitting him? Did that warrant picking up the taser and placing it beside the murder victim? Did a 50yo unarmed man running from a cop warrant the violence of action produced?

So without the child support issue, the man was murdered over a broken tail-light? Yeah, I’d say that was excessive force and the ultimat

Anyone think he is facing federal charges?

Hard to make Federal charges! They would have to prove intent!

First I’m not defending the cop. He should pay for the killing of a fleeing man.
But salty you are not looking at all that happened. The guy ran from the cop, period. Then the rest happened.
The guy that stayed in the car was questioned and released.

My point is the cop did not make him run… Any more than the guy made the cop shoot him…

This is bad all the way around but saying his plan was to kill from the start, or that he wanted to kill a person for the color of his skin… IMO is jumping with both feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Hard to make Federal charges! They would have to prove intent!

Not if they call it a hate crime.

Then they have to prove, what was in his heart!