North Charleston will become Ferguson Mo.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Then they have to prove, what was in his heart!

Not if he used the N word, black m’fr, or any other derogatory term during the crime.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Then they have to prove, what was in his heart!

Not if he used the N word, black m’fr, or any other derogatory term during the crime.

Y’all are the smartest lawyers I’ve ever encountered…

Next time you come in, come heavy, or not at all…

quote:
Originally posted by Warbler

Y’all are the smartest lawyers I’ve ever encountered…

I agree!

So do I!

i wonder how many people will be checking their tail lights tonight just to make sure?

I happen to have a family member that had a run in with this cop about a year and half ago and yes this cop as bad as media presents. I don’t want to discuss this matter but at the end of the day… This cop cost me $7000 over false charges!!!

Lastly, I don’t know what planet Black Bart comes from with his statistics but it sure is not this one! He must read from right to left and got the numbers twisted. He is clearly been under a rock or slept thru the civil rights movement, oh my bad he was reading from right to left so he misinterpreted these events!

Blackangus, I’m not sure Black Bart is 100% wrong. Numbers are numbers and they can be made to say what you want them to. This article helps point out some of the issues with numbers when it comes to crime.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

But there is a larger issue that for some reason Al, Jesse and our local community wont address. Black on black killing. Just last night on the local news they covered the cop shooting of Mr. Scott. Then in the next 3 stories were black on black murders. So when the protesters say black lives matter do they only mean when killed by white police or if killed by other blacks as well? There have plenty of stories in the Charleston arae in the last year that should have called for a large out cry by the community and received little attention. Example; 19-year-old Ariel Morgan of Monks corner. http://www.abcnews4.com/story/25719229/1-killed-4-others-wounded-in-moncks-corner-shooting

Let me finish by saying what happened to Mr. Scott is wrong on all accounts. I feel the police officer will pay for his actions as he should. My prayers are with both families because they both lost in this incident.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

First I’m not defending the cop. He should pay for the killing of a fleeing man.
But salty you are not looking at all that happened. The guy ran from the cop, period. Then the rest happened.
The guy that stayed in the car was questioned and released.

My point is the cop did not make him run… Any more than the guy made the cop shoot him…

This is bad all the way around but saying his plan was to kill from the start, or that he wanted to kill a person for the color of his skin… IMO is jumping with both feet.

So, an unarmed 50yo man running from a cop who has attempted to tase him already warrants being shot at 8 times and hit 5? He was murdered by the cop.

I’m all for maximum punishment under the law for crimes, summary execution over a broken tail-light is a bit excessive don’t you think? I mean (**(), was the cop in such bad shape that he couldn’t run down a 50yo retiree?

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235
quote:

First I’m not defending the cop. He should pay for the killing of a fleeing man.
But salty you are not looking at all that happened. The guy ran from the cop, period. Then the rest happened.

My point is the cop did not make him run… Any more than the guy made the cop shoot him…

This is bad all the way around but saying his plan was to kill from the start, or that he wanted to kill a person for the color of his skin… IMO is jumping with both feet.

So, an unarmed 50yo man running from a cop who has attempted to tase him already warrants being shot at 8 times and hit 5? He was murdered by the cop.

I’m all for maximum punishment under the law for crimes, summary execution over a broken tail-light is a bit excessive don’t you think? I mean (**(), was the cop in such bad shape that he couldn’t run down a 50yo retiree?

Mark
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

If you are going to point out what happened, include all the facts.
When a suspect runs the cop has no idea why. But he has to assume there is a reason. He was tased and ran through it, or it didn’t work.

I am not condoning this by any means. I just think if you are discussing the events, include everything.

I’m glad NCP

Well the dash cam only complicates things.

quote:
quote:

Mark

Source please.

Dash cam from officers car shows a different side of the story. Guy was driving a car he did not own and couldn’t show any paperwork for then bolts from said car. Witness says man was fighting with cop on ground before bolting a second time which is when he was shot. I am not saying cop was right but the fact is if you are dealing with a officer you do as you are told and you won’t get a bullet or 5 in your butt

Alan Reece.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/acr242004/dakota]

[/URL]

quote:
Originally posted by acr242004

Dash cam from officers car shows a different side of the story. Guy was driving a car he did not own and couldn’t show any paperwork for then bolts from said car. Witness says man was fighting with cop on ground before bolting a second time which is when he was shot. I am not saying cop was right but the fact is if you are dealing with a officer you do as you are told and you won’t get a bullet or 5 in your butt

Alan Reece.

[/URL]

Simply running from a cop should NEVER give the cop the right to be judge, jury, and executioner. If you don’t think that’s an important part of a citizens personal freedom you should probably think about it some more.

I never said it makes it right. But there was more to it than just the first video.

Alan Reece.

[/URL]

quote:
Originally posted by acr242004

I never said it makes it right. But there was more to it than just the first video.

Alan Reece.

[/URL]

I’m so blown away by these opinions. He was shot while running away. Explain to me how any of what he was doing before that is relevant. He was running away and executed.

quote:
Originally posted by Warbler
quote:
quote:

Mark

Source please.

</blockquote
quote:

Well the dash cam only complicates things.

Not really, the cop could have called for backup and put on a search. There isn’t much way to justify shooting an unarmed man in the back and then claiming you are in fear of your life.

The dashcam will reduce the charge from murder to manslaughter but it’s doubtful that he gets off scott free.

Mark

http://www.live5news.com/story/28769315/rev-al-sharpton-to-visit-charity-baptist-church-this-weekend

Here comes Al!

Maybe admin could merge this thread with the one in the politics section?

quote:
Originally posted by oops_lost

Blackangus, I’m not sure Black Bart is 100% wrong. Numbers are numbers and they can be made to say what you want them to. This article helps point out some of the issues with numbers when it comes to crime.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

But there is a larger issue that for some reason Al, Jesse and our local community wont address. Black on black killing. Just last night on the local news they covered the cop shooting of Mr. Scott. Then in the next 3 stories were black on black murders. So when the protesters say black lives matter do they only mean when killed by white police or if killed by other blacks as well? There have plenty of stories in the Charleston arae in the last year that should have called for a large out cry by the community and received little attention. Example; 19-year-old Ariel Morgan of Monks corner. http://www.abcnews4.com/story/25719229/1-killed-4-others-wounded-in-moncks-corner-shooting

Let me finish by saying what happened to Mr. Scott is wrong on all accounts. I feel the police officer will pay for his actions as he should. My prayers are with both families because they both lost in this incident.

Thanks, Oops. Facts (should) always trump emotion, but that’s not always the case…

Angus, the Scott case is a pretty obvious case of wrongdoing by the police. The point I’m making, however, is that policemen shooting blacks is WAY down on the list of real issues within the black community. Let’s address and resolve the issues we can fix ourselves, and I PROMISE a lot of the other “issues” will “magically” go away, regardless of which direction you read it.