North Charleston will become Ferguson Mo.

Of course black on black crime is a hugeproblem.
Willie Lynch laid the ground work for that back in the 1700’s when he stood before slave owners and said "I have a fool proof method for controlling your Black slaves. I guarantee everyone of you that if installed correctly it will control the slaves for at least 300 hundred years.

The Black slave after receiving this indoctrination shall carry on and will become self re-fueling and self generating for hundreds of years, maybe thousands. Don’t forget you must pitch the old Black male vs. the young Black male, and the young Black male against the old Black male. You must use the dark skin slaves vs. the light skin slaves and the light skin slaves vs. the dark skin slaves. You must use the female vs. the male, and the male vs. the female. You must also have your white servants and overseers distrust all Blacks, but it is necessary that your slaves trust and depend on us. They must love, respect and trust only us."

The affect of these words may have dimmed or changed shape over the past 300 years but the fight for civil rights is NOWHERE near over.
Bart, can you honestly say that you’d comfortably send your son to the store at night dressed in a black hoodie with a busted tail light?
I’d urge you to take a poll of our local black community to find out their experience with “equal or greater opportunities” than whites. I’d love to see those statistics.

Go tigers!

quote:
Bart, can you honestly say that you'd comfortably send your son to the store at night dressed in a black hoodie with a busted tail light?

I wouldn’t send my white son to the store like that. What does color have to do with it?

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I would go to the store like that and not think tWice, as would many others.

How much of our day is spent actively defending ourselves against such negative stereotypes…besides racism of course.
Many black people I know deal with this underlying negativity all day every day. In each store they walk into and even on the job amongst friends.

Go tigers!

quote:
Originally posted by tigerman62

How much of our day is spent actively defending ourselves against such negative stereotypes…besides racism of course.
Many black people I know deal with this underlying negativity all day every day. In each store they walk into and even on the job amongst friends.

Go tigers!

Can you tell me about a race that doesn't have negative stereotypes?
quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Bart, can you honestly say that you'd comfortably send your son to the store at night dressed in a black hoodie with a busted tail light?

I wouldn’t send my white son to the store like that. What does color have to do with it?

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

EXACTLY!!! If I lived in a neighborhood where I thought cops wanted to harass me for wearing a hoodie, driving around with a broken tail light at night, I might change my behavior. Why would I not? To prove a point?
quote:

Of course black on black crime is a hugeproblem.
Willie Lynch laid the ground work for that back in the 1700’s when he stood before slave owners and said "I have a fool proof method for controlling your Black slaves. I guarantee everyone of you that if installed correctly it will control the slaves for at least 300 hundred years.

The Black slave after receiving this indoctrination shall carry on and will become self re-fueling and self generating for hundreds of years, maybe thousands. Don’t forget you must pitch the old Black male vs. the young Black male, and the young Black male against the old Black male. You must use the dark skin slaves vs. the light skin slaves and the light skin slaves vs. the dark skin slaves. You must use the female vs. the male, and the male vs. the female. You must also have your white servants and overseers distrust all Blacks, but it is necessary that your slaves trust and depend on us. They must love, respect and trust only us."

The affect of these words may have dimmed or changed shape over the past 300 years but the fight for civil rights is NOWHERE near over.
Bart, can you honestly say that you’d comfortably send your son to the store at night dressed in a black hoodie with a busted tail light?
I’d urge you to take a poll of our local black community to find out their experience with “equal or greater opportunities” than whites. I’d love to see those statistics.

Go tigers!

I’m not really sure what you’re getting at here. As Larry said, color wouldn’t matter to me in this situation. White or black, anyone matching your description sounds like a sketchy individual.

And if I had a son, he wouldn’t be wearing a hoodie at night and/or have a busted tail light on his car. He would’ve been taught LONG befo

Sometimes I wonder if people resist arrest on purpose hoping for a beat down and another Rodney King payday ($3.8 million dollars). Otherwise, why would you resist arrest? I’ve seen videos of people resisting arrest getting beat by 5-6 cops with clubs. I mean, what’s the point? Not only do you get more time in the box for resisting, but there is no way you are going to make it out of that situation without getting trampled. It’s not like you can fight your way out, run off, and then live happily ever after. Even if you did get away, they will catch up with you at some point and the penalty is going to be that much worse.

I learned as a teenager with a fast motorcycle that I could easily outrun a police car, but couldn’t outrun a Motorola radio :face_with_head_bandage:

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

WOW…I wish I could get these hand outs.

quote:
Originally posted by blackangus

You’re an angry little person. You gotta let it go. And stop chasing everything I say. That’s just creepy…[:0]

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart

[quote]Originally posted by blackangus

You’re an angry little person. You gotta let it go. And stop chasing everything I say. That’s just creepy…[:0]

[/quo

Man why are you name calling? that’s not very nice now is it?

quote:
quote:

[/quo

Okay, pot…

quote:
quote:
quote:

[/quo

Okay, pot…

Man im done with that,and I wish u the best. If you need a ride offshore . Well you know.

quote:

Go tigers!

I can’t understand why anyone would dress in a way that they know folks react negatively to, just so they can react negatively to that reaction. It seems ridiculous.
If the roots of racism are based in fear, why would the object of the perceived racism act in ways that they know fuel the fears of their supposed oppressors? It makes no sense.
If a person dresses in what is perceived by others as “thug garb”, they need to be prepared to accept the consequences and at the very least share responsibility. It’s not the obligation of anyone regardless of race to ignore first impressions. It’s human nature to react to the unknown by instinct.
For example if one is driving down the road and notices through the mirror, a buzzing bee going slowly up the back glass, is it not normal to have an urge to separate themselves from that environment?
Do blacks react differently than whites in that situation? Do they calmly ignore the bee with the same regard that they would have for a butterfly? After all, though it may look like a bee, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s going to act like a bee and sting them. Is that the right way to act?
Wearing “Thug Garb” is in effect dressing up as a bee. If the intention is to simply look cool, or it’s part of a gang thing, how is anyone other than the person wearing that outfit supposed to know? To simply call a negative reaction to that type of fashion statement racism ba