Odd request - Turtlenecks in town?

I need to know if there are any local stores that have turtleneck shirts in stock right now… Thoughts?

Okay, I realize this is odd, but I can explain… My dog had a mass removed off of his neck yesterday. It’s in an awkward place where the “lampshade” around his head won’t cover it. He has sutures there and he is a scratcher. The vet suggested that we buy a turtleneck and put him in it to cover up the sutures.

The only problem is… Nobody wears turtlenecks, and it’s April…

I’m sure I can order one online, but it will take a few days to get here which defeats the purpose of covering up the wounds for the next few days.

Thoughts?

Goodwill Store Maybe

Are you actually putting his front legs through the arm holes?

Use a Neck Gaiter or buff.

and be sure to send us some pictures once you get him in the shirt

Ole peepod is gonna have a field day with this one!!!

How about a foam neck brace. Think you could get one at CVS

I would find someone with a sewing machine and sew a piece of material heavy enough to provide decent protection that will barely slide over his head. Not sure how well t-shirt like material would actually protect from scratching claws tearing out the sutures. PM me if you need to borrow a machine

I am sorry, but the visual of Skinnee working a sewing machine is just too much for me.

skinneej. they sell inflatable neck things that serve the same purpose as the lampshade/cone things! Kind of like an inner tube! I used one on my dog and it worked well! I bought it in a pet store. Call your local pet store and tell them what you need! https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Cloud-Collar-Collar-Large/dp/B0045Y1JGG

Or, maybe the Pod, could donate one of his old Turtlenecks:question:

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

That’s the way I pictured it, but honestly this is new ground for me.

quote:
Originally posted by dirty white boy

How about a foam neck brace. Think you could get one at CVS

That's actually a great idea, but in this case, I think the wound is a little too far back. That being said, I will check them out to be sure.
quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

I am sorry, but the visual of Skinnee working a sewing machine is just too much for me.

I might make myself a few man-kinis, once I get the sewing down. Anyone know where I can get some ultra-flourescent fabric that is good for the beach?

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Ole peepod is gonna have a field day with this one!!!

That's why he is not invited to this topic. If he posts anyway, he has to keep that on his conscience, not mine.
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I asked because womens leggings might work if he cant push it up and get underneath it. I assume he’s scratching with rear feet? Some kind of socks taped on his feet?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

I might make myself a few man-kinis, once I get the sewing down. Anyone know where I can get some ultra-flourescent fabric that is good for the beach?

i heard 23Sailfish had some nice white braid for sale. you could use that to sew a nice man-kini

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I asked because womens leggings might work if he cant push it up and get underneath it. I assume he’s scratching with rear feet? Some kind of socks taped on his feet?

Yeah, scratching with hind feet, but he would chew socks off pretty quickly.

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

i heard 23Sailfish had some nice white braid for sale. you could use that to sew a nice man-kini

But 40inchleaders says that white braid is more invisible than monofilament, and I'm not trying to get locked up for indecent exposure.
quote:
quote:

But 40inchleaders says that white braid is more invisible than monofilament, and I'm not trying to get locked up for indecent exposure.

but only “in the water”…so just make sure no one is snorkeling while youre in the water or they may spot a slippery eel

quote:
quote:
quote:

but only “in the water”…so just make sure no one is snorkeling while youre in the water or they may spot a slippery eel

OK, way too graphic…It doesn’t take long for this crowd to digress…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC