Old folks working

Robots already pain cars, why couldn’t they paint a room eventually?

Sheetrock robot 1.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQhCtnd-jgk

There are several masonry robots.

First, Most, Biggest

Sheetrock robot 1.0

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Sheetrock robot 1.0

First, Most, Biggest

Maybe eventually Great White…:smiley: I’d hate to be the Mudder behind your robot hammering it up like that.

Think a robot could do this?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■+fast&view=detail&mid=C407080C8D0E6017E913C407080C8D0E6017E913&FORM=VIRE

GO BACK AND READ MY POST ABOUT PAW-PAW TURNING 96 ; INSHORE DISCUSSIONS

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Funny thing is GW, is that those computers you are referencing, they all need to be built, tested and functional before you (as a purchaser) can know how to work them in the world today. They ALL need to be able to be plugged into an outlet to either charge the battery or to just operate. It’s even funnier that you seem to think that computers are necessary. Yes, they make jobs easier, faster and smoother. That’s neither here nor there. The fact is homes, buildings, roads, railways ect. have all been accomplished with out computers. You stated you worked construction so you should know what I’m saying is true. I mean, I get what you are trying to convey here but let’s not go full nimrod on the thoughts that the human element can be done away with, especially in construction. I do appreciate you stance on jobs vs careers though. I just wish the people wanting to make flipping burgers a career could understand that.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

I would fire mr. Sheetrock robot. Two of my guys would have had that wall hung.& Pulling mud by the time he got that one up. And nobody taught him. You hang horizontally not vertically. I don’t see in any of our lifetimes.a robot walking a three-story wall setting trusses. Riding a bosun’s chair down the side of a 20-story building. Trying to find a leak around the window. The list goes on.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Stump, While I agree that we need physical/human skills we also need computer skills to maximize our potential. Those computer skills will be more and more relevant as time goes by. Don’t complain that a kid needs to know how to use a drill if he can build a robot that can do it for him. I have an engineering degree and I’ve managed $130M worth of industrial/commercial projects so I’m well aware of what it takes to build our infrastructure.

Humans strength is our adaptability and intellect. No matter how many robots we make there will be limitations to how specialized they are and what they can do. Economics alone will limit their abilities. However there is a lot of room to grow in tech and robotics so from a career stand point. While computers are not necessary for human life they are becoming more and more important in modern life. The military is a good example of this change. 100 years ago it was rifles, gas, and ships. Now we have nuclear subs, smart bombs, stealth fighters, and drones, all computer based weapons. We still need rifles but we’re gonna use the hell out of those smart bombs too.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Stump, While I agree that we need physical/human skills we also need computer skills to maximize our potential. Those computer skills will be more and more relevant as time goes by. Don’t complain that a kid needs to know how to use a drill if he can build a robot that can do it for him. I have an engineering degree and I’ve managed $130M worth of industrial/commercial projects so I’m well aware of what it takes to build our infrastructure.

Humans strength is our adaptability and intellect. No matter how many robots we make there will be limitations to how specialized they are and what they can do. Economics alone will limit their abilities. However there is a lot of room to grow in tech and robotics so from a career stand point. While computers are not necessary for human life they are becoming more and more important in modern life. The military is a good example of this change. 100 years ago it was rifles, gas, and ships. Now we have nuclear subs, smart bombs, stealth fighters, and drones, all computer based weapons. We still need rifles but we’re gonna use the hell out of those smart bombs too.

First, Most, Biggest

so Mr. 130M, are you backtracking? I think so.

Now we have Nuclear subs?!! You stated you are 30… Check this out… The world’s first nuclear-powered submarine was USS Nautilus, launched at Groton, Connecticut, USA, on 21 January 1954. Built by General Dynamics Electric Boat.

That was before my time and I’m 52. :smiley:

Bunch of old timers cutting your young arse? All this modern technology was brought to you by the many hard working “old timers” even before my time.

It’s all good… Life is Good!

So all the above, you now admit that Robots are not the ans