OMG

The FED DOT, is proposing that all vehicles in the future talk to each other, so as to not bump into each other! Will you Lib’s, please give me a break! Trump has it right! Add a regulation, get rid of 2! God, save me from the Government!

I want to hear a car talk… Can you understand them, or will it be like “Herbie” where they just honk a lot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqym9tvGEFs

New cars already do this.

I’m pretty sure most of the manufacturers now are doing this…automatic braking.

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/cars-with-advanced-safety-systems/

Why is it liberal to stop semi trucks from crashing into each other?

It’s bad enough that that there is a Black Box on your car now! I don’t like someone looking over my shoulder!

Take SEX! You’re doing it wrong ED, Let me show you how! [:0]

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Take SEX! You’re doing it wrong ED, Let me show you how! [:0]

Woah there I thought you were anti-gayness.

Do you like traffic and taxes? No, OK then the more automated cars are the less of both is what you’ll get.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Do you like</font id=“red”> traffic </font id=“red”>and taxes? No, OK then the more automated cars are the less of both is what you’ll get.

First, Most, Biggest

Not trying to start an argument but I don’t see this helping either of those issues. The latest study showed 48 people a day moving to Charleston, that means about 48 cars (roughly) are added to our already congested roads every day. Whether the cars are automated or not you will have more cars on roads that can’t be widened (HWY 61, Hwy 174, etc.) which will still make traffic worse. I agree with Easy, I don’t want someone “looking over my shoulder” while I’m driving. Privacy is a thing of the past these days and before long you won’t be able to drive down the road without your own car posting a video of you on YouTube so the whole world can see how bad of a singer you are.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

New cars already do this.

I’m pretty sure most of the manufacturers now are doing this…automatic braking.

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/cars-with-advanced-safety-systems/

If it is happening already, it must be free market. Conservatives want to blame liberals though?

BG

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Do you like traffic and taxes? No, OK then the more automated cars are the less of both is what you’ll get.

First, Most, Biggest

You’ll have to explain that one to me. How do automated cars make for less traffic and less taxes?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I used to drive an 18 wheeler and the company tested out putting radar on the trucks! The radar was supposed to let you maintain a safe distance from another vehicle in front of you! What a POS that stuff was! You are weighing 80,000 and going up a hill with everything the truck has, trying to keep up speed! Someone passes you and pulls in ahead of you and the radar cuts off your RPM’s to maintain the distance! Now you have to downshift and you keep getting slower and slower! Then someone else pulls over in front of you and it starts all over again!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

I used to drive an 18 wheeler and the company tested out putting radar on the trucks! The radar was supposed to let you maintain a safe distance from another vehicle in front of you! What a POS that stuff was! You are weighing 80,000 and going up a hill with everything the truck has, trying to keep up speed! Someone passes you and pulls in ahead of you and the radar cuts off you RPM’s to maintain the distance! Now you have to downshift and you keep getting slower and slower! Then someone else pulls over in front of you and it starts all over again!

I don’t think a lot of these people making rules have a clue to those professionals on the road making a living and keeping America rolling smooth. Probably don’t do much driving at all, probably chauffeured everywhere.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

You are beyond moronic if you think that increased regulation will somehow magically lower taxes. Adding new stuff to existing stuff makes the existing stuff more expensive. This is true whether it’s adding extra fries to your value meal, a construction project, or a truck.

Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity is terminal.

Narcosis

More automated cars=less car wrecks=lower insurance premiums=less taxes due to public works cleaning up=less medicaid due to injuries. It’s not a difficult thought process.

Remember the days when you could buy a base line auto with no bells and whistles on the cheap? Now you don’t have that option. The more “features” that are automatically added to your car, the more profit margin the manufacturer nets. They will cram as much technology as they can into every vehicle they can as long as people buy them.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Ya know, people run into Wreckers and Emergency vehicles all the time! And they have Big Azz, Bright Flashing Lights on them[:0] Who gets to go 1st, at a 4 way stop! Do the cars drawl cards for it:question: Can I hack into the system, so I get the high card all the time! Anyone running Windows 10? Is it better than Win 7:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

More automated cars=less car wrecks=lower insurance premiums=less taxes due to public works cleaning up=less medicaid due to injuries. It’s not a difficult thought process.

When has a regulation EVER lowered taxes?

Easy…try the decaf buddy.

skinneej, a new regulation only add’s to the government employment roles! Someone has to be added to enforce the new Reg’s!