Paramedic - Hunter Eisele

I’ve posted some things about my son Hunter Eisele in the past. Now he really needs help. He is a Crew Chief Paramedic with Charleston County and lives on James Island. His recent assignment was Medic 4 on the night shift on James Island.

On August 30 he went to the ER, had emergency lifesaving surgery on Wednesday, and was in a coma for 10+ days. He is still in the ICU at Roper. This was caused by a rare blood borne toxin caused by something that he ate or got doing his job. The toxin damaged some organs, and shut down his brain and kidneys. It will be a long recovery.

Most of you don’t know him. We’ll be starting a blog, maybe today, with his story. It is a crazy story. For 5 days we were told, “there is no discernable brain activity.” He starting talking on Friday and stood up yesterday. That is a start but we have a long way to go.

This was set up by one of his good friends.
https://www.gofundme.com/HunterRecoveryFund

My wife and I have mostly transitioned from Columbia to Charleston. We spend most of our time with Hunter or working on things to get everything under control: probate, bills, house stuff, etc. I’m lucky that I can work from Charleston, my wife can’t.

I need some help with a roof for his house and 2 HVAC split system heat pumps. Not sure who the good guys are in Charleston.

His Chevy pickup truck also needs some work. The left front tire is totally worn on the inside. I suspect some type issue with bearings, and it will need a tire.

I look forward to meeting many of you. If the BBQ crowd still meets on Wednesdays let me know.

Thanks - Bill Eisele

Pioneer 197SF

wow,sorry to hear this,we will be praying for you and your family.

Double D.

prayers to your son’s recovery Bill. I’ve shared this as well,

I’m not in Charleston but probably could help with the Hvac, I’ve got some slightly used ones I could donate if they would work.

I’m so sorry and hope your son will be better soon.
I will pm you to see what I might be able to do.
Limited in any physical help right now but could sure cook a meal or help in some way.
Prayers said and sent.
Penn

I also posted this on my face book page. Maybe if everyone here could do this this would help too.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

All - this was posted last night

Friends - this is the link to the blog we’ll use to provide quicker updates on Hunter Eisele. Our family wants to thank all of you for the support you have graciously provided.

We’ve received so many kind messages and offers of support. We thank each of you. Please know that your prayers are working. We look forward to sharing more great news and being able to share more of our son once he recovers further. We appreciate your patience.

http://huntersrecovery.com/

Pioneer 197SF

Man I hate to hear this BlueSkyGuy. When you are a First to respond to the scene of an illness/injury you never know what horrible infection may be waiting for you. It takes the brave to help others with this in the background. Hunter is truly among the brave. I’ve volunteered as EMT/I for Hollow Creek Fire/Rescue for a number of years. Also interfaced EMS/Fire with Lake Murray Power Squadron and CGA on Lake Murray. Hunter has been the supreme gentleman in helping with water courses and trained our entire Hollow Creek Station on water rescue one year. He’s helped so many people on and off the clock. Just a true gentleman and a solid “good” young man. We wish him the best and will support him as he has us. Thank you for spreading the word.

(You did real good raising Hunter.)

Seaswirl 2101wa, 200 Yamaha 4s, Lowe Roughneck 1655 85 Yamaha jet drive

Meddyn - thanks for reaching out, he is in bad shape and the MDs can’t tell us the long term prognosis, they are amazed that he can walk, talk and read - we don’t know where this journey is going but we’re in it 100%

Pioneer 197SF

Penfishn - you are too sweet to make this offer, I’ve not met you but have always enjoyed the posts from you, and the friendly jokes amongst you and your friends

At this point our schedule is so crazy we barely know what day it is and we have no clue when we will be home. That makes the meal schedule difficult. We stay with him overnight. He started rehab today and will be busy about 4 hours a day. That gives us a chance to rest.

My daughter stayed for a few hours on Wednesday night and that gave me a chance to take Lesa (wife) to Bowens Island for some yummy shrimp and oysters. First date in many weeks.

We’ve always wanted to move back to Charleston and I’m feeling that now more than ever.

Pioneer 197SF

the saga continues, Hunter received a check today from someone he has never met, a person from this site that lives out of state, the kindness is amazing, the bills are piling up, his roof is leaking in two places, luckily they aren’t big leaks and the rain has stopped

the good news is he has fooled the MDs again, it seems that his kidneys have started to work we’re doing blood tests tomorrow to see how much

his story is here

www.huntersrecovery.com

Pioneer 197SF

wonderful!!! prayers continue…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Jailbreak in Charleston!
http://huntersrecovery.com/

Pioneer 197SF

Bill, great news! Keep us updated and we’ll keep our prayers going and fingers crossed!

Fantastic news!

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

Hunter left the hospital on Friday. He enjoyed sleeping in his own bed this weekend. On Sunday he visited with his grandparents that haven’t seen him since being in a coma.

We’re hoping that good sleep, home cooked meals and visiting with friends will help him recover. He has an MD visit on Monday to check his kidney function. If they aren’t improving he will be back in the hospital. The brain injury will be an ongoing issue that we’ll all need to learn how to manage.

A big thanks is owed to a CharlestonFishing contact that fixed his truck. There were quite a few things that needed attention. This is something that would have been difficult to pay for. There are good people out there. There will be home made craft beer and hickory smoked BBQ delivered when it’s available.

He still needs assistance with the 2 HVAC split system heat pumps and a new roof to fix the roof leaks.

Hunter has some things to manage and a major surgery to schedule but is looking forward to being approved to go back to work.

Overall this is an amazing story. A guy that 3 weeks ago had no discernable brain function. Then we were repeatedly told not to expect any meaningful recovery. Today he can walk, talk, read and at some level take care of himself. We are blessed.

Pioneer 197SF

Truly blessed. Very happy for you and your family. Miracles do happen.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I offered my help with the Hvac, but you never responded. I’m in lexington but surely can help, message me with more information.

tjackson - with everything going on I missed your message, i’ll be in touch

Pioneer 197SF

This kid should buy a lottery ticket. He has been cleared and is going back to work tomorrow. He has certain restrictions so he won’t be on an ambulance doing his regular job for a couple months. He has issues to manage but this is big step forward.

We’re having fun (not really) going through about 5" of medical statements from his insurance company, and the doctors and hospital bills. I can’t wait to see the final $$ total.

His truck is repaired, we’re working on the roof and HVAC, and the last item is adding insulation in the attic. Any contacts in the insulation business would be great.

This has been a crazy experience and I appreciate all the support.

Pioneer 197SF

Good news, Blueskyguy! Tell him a I’m pulling for him:smiley: