Phone number lookup

I had a scammer call me from a local phone number. I need to find out who this person is if possible. Looking for name and address and any other information.

Anyone who can help me out that knows a way?

There seem to be some “services” on the web, but after googling on those services, many of those seem to be scams of their own…

http://www.whitepages.com/
Use reverse lookup
gives you a name and then upgrade for other information. I put my number in and my name and area (John’s Island) came up.

Use the internet. It’s not going to be perfect but sometimes it works. I would NOT pay any sites money though.

Nowadays telemarketers can change the area code of the number they are calling from to make people more likely to pick up. I usually get the extended car warranty and free hotel room calls.

First, Most, Biggest

Wasting your time, I get many* calls a week from what appear to be local numbers that are somehow hijacked to make calls with. Try calling the number back and see what happens.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I got a scam call from a Sullivans Island number on Friday.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

I attended a computer crimes seminar not too long ago. According to the instructor, many times you will receive a call that appears to be coming from one city/state when in actual fact it may be coming from some place completely different. I think they call it spoofing. I get those calls all the time, I have a cal blocker app so they aren’t as prevalent as they used to be.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

i suspect Verizon is selling numbers. Some of us at work get multiple calls a day. My increase in them was drastic after switching to the work plan which is verizon. Look at my call log and it’s 75% telemarketers and scams.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

What the hell happened to the, Do Not Call List:question:

This number actually sent to and recieved some texts from my wife’s phone some I am hoping there is some sort of traceability.

Why is your wife texting a stranger?

Next reply makes 20000 post. 23 not going to like this

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Long story, but it was a "you missed jury duty" scam. Perfect timing/coincidence for the scammer because my wife actually DOES have jury duty on Monday. The lady posed as a clerk of court and told my wife that she could fix it if my wife sent her a picture of the summons via text. She did that unfortunately. Has her name, address, birthdate on there.

Every time I try to call these missed numbers I receive a recording that the Number is no valid! Want to call these SOB at 3 AM and talk to them for hours about nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

Long story, but it was a "you missed jury duty" scam. Perfect timing/coincidence for the scammer because my wife actually DOES have jury duty on Monday. The lady posed as a clerk of court and told my wife that she could fix it if my wife sent her a picture of the summons via text. She did that unfortunately. Has her name, address, birthdate on there.

You might consider putting a block on her credit file. And contacting the court

Well, there goes the new house! Maybe the guy will let you go look at it, seeing as you paid for it[:0]

quote:
quote:
quote:

Not sure how to put a block on it but will probably sign up for lifelock tonight.
quote:

Next reply makes 20000 post. 23 not going to like this

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I’ll go ahead and put in the formal request to Andy to have 10,000 of his posts removed. Thanks again pal!

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not sure how to put a block on it but will probably sign up for lifelock tonight.

http://www.clark.com/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide

Yeah skinneej, you can put a lock on your credit! If it’s locked no one can access it unless you authorize it! I have it through True credit. Last time I bought a house, the mortgage company had to call me to have me unlock my credit so they could check it! Cost money, but gives you piece of mind:wink:

What did you want to do with the number?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.